A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: me n my friends flash site

me n my friends flash site

here is out site: www.bright.net/~langsdon/pv/ : we are trying to start a local web design company. my friend is very good with flash and i am still in the learning process. i did everything on the site except for the logo in the top left. please let me know what you think of it (likes, dislikes, ways to improve, etc.). i do not care how harsh you are just dont rip on me. i am always open to suggestions.

thanks

whats to look at?

u need a splashpage of some sort, a little content would help, and maybe try chainging the top adress name Untitled Document-
    other than that.. i can't say much else

ok thanks
    but
    what is a splashpage ?

and as for the content, we just started it last nite.. and we are wanting to get a good layout going before we put loads of content on. later on we will put content on.

any other suggestions ?

ok... we put some content on there. what do you think of it now ?

if you click the buttons twice they skip on to the next section. Also, how are you planning on starting a web design co. if you don't know what a splashpage is?

good start though

thanks
    weel, my friend who is helpin me probably knows. but what exactly is it? and how can i make it so when u click on the buttons twice they dont skip frames ?

it isn't a bad start... i particularly don't like that fade into black... shows no kind of border... it makes it kind of messy... it really doesn't "Stand out"... in my opinion i'd try to include some more movement... it is flash and you really aren't limited to what you can do... if you are trying to sell you business show them what flash can do... good luck... keep us posted

Perth, The Australian Capital No One Knows About.
    Okay first il say Hello to the flah community and all that - Hi.

Try using the flash tutorials supplied with the program and the ones on this site before making anything too complex, also to fix thos buttons make the command gotoAndStop(); you can do this by clicking the gotoAndPlay(); command and choosing the appropriate radio button (little circle button).

A splash screen is like a entrance, or a gateway - you click it to get to your site.

Natty logo btw (Perthian for neat).