A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: where to start!

i've been doing graphic design for 2years.*web for a year and flash for six months* Thing is that i haven't seen much progress. I want to get better...to the point of doing pieces such as http://www.vir2l.com
    what should i do? and where to begin to get to my goal.

peace, 1lOvE
    rYaN

First let me say that Vir2l is my favorite design site on the Internet, it's the first impressive Flash site I ever saw, and it always blows my mind.
    I've talked to their Vice President through e-mail a few times, and I learned that most of them are Architects, which is interesting because I majored in Arch. for 2 1/2 years and it's now my minor-my major now is Advertising.

Here's what I can tell you about them, I did not get this info from them, but I think it's all a safe assumption for me to make.

1)They all have educations, all went to college.
    2)Their talent is through the roof.
    3)They did not learn that stuff over night, it took hours, and hours and weeks, and months to get good at the software to the point of being able to create such amazing work.

But more than that (and I answer many questions related to the look of their design) it's not so much about the software as it is about their using their imaginations and being able to transfer it to the computer. That never happens over night, many people work for years to get good at things like that.

Best advice is keep working, don't try and copy what others do, but let it push you to be innovative and develop your own style. Don't ever work in Flash or Photoshop and go back and forth between what you are creating and what is on a site. If you do that, your design is about someone elses, not your own ideas.
    Push yourself and work at it. That's something we all have to do, even the people that are impressing us these days.

Always strive to be good at what you are doing, and enjoy it.

Good Luck,

mg33

That site was amazing

That's nice mg33 you are right about that!.