A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1648

Thread: New Picture Exchange

Student
    yeah nice backgrounds- any particular project to use them for?

thanks render and blink, actually it's a lot like drawing, just onto a 3D surface, drawing the parts that go in and out... very fun and surprisingly easy.
    blink, those are really sweet bg's! I really love the colors on the first two, but the third could either do without the yellow or the green, too saturated or something, though the reflected light is sooo nice! really like your clouds and sense of light and subtle value changes.

so no new artwork this post... BUT

I GOT ACCEPTED TO CALARTS' CHARACTER ANIMATION PROGRAM!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
    Thought I'd share the news here too :P

Student
    congrats e-Tahn, what is it excactly about?- is it a study?- if so even more impressive I hope the costs though are not to high.

certainly a coincidence, got invitation for this one a few days ago

for the chronos project I worked on (3d computer animation) as a speaker at the conferrence.

fmx is all about 2d/3d computer graphics (3d mainly though) and Europe’s answer to SIGGRAPH. Last time crytek, Pixar, IMageworks, Autodesk (maya, max), luxology,... were all present and showed the audience how they did the tricks w´d see 1/2 year later in the cinema or computer games.

gratz, e-Tahn

Although Im not really sure what the program is about because I m living at the other side of the earth.

"In Stereo"

Thanks!! Yeah I got in for the Character Animation program, and yesss it'll be expensive
    render, congrats to you on the FMX invite! haha that's awesome, you get sneak-previews from the BIIIG companies, first-hand!! Can you get job opportunities there also, or at least show your portfolio around and make some connections?? Whatever it is... must be fun

something i draw recently

very nice guys
    here is a wip which i may or may not continue hope you like the faboulus world of "porcinia" the mushworld

very cool stuff dudes. thanks for the tips.
    luv the bug eyes e-than dude. for some reason it fells like it's a stinkin hot day!
    awesome vector as well mclelun
    nice mushies mag. the particle effect is cool
    here's a model sheet to hopefully go with those backgrounds;
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Student
    @BlinkOk: that´s defenitly a improvement compared to what I have seen so far from you, I like it

blink that looks like thor's mini me cool

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar
    Very nice everybody.

Magnetos_II
    I really like the way that piece turned out. I not quite able to do such talent with pencils like that.

this is Bob. Bob is a grease monkey in a small town outside of Vegas, off the freeway. He's a big hit with the ladies. At least he thinks so. lol

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar
    BlinkOk
    That appears to be impressive. The center photograph looks rather fantastic. The pose Bob has and the lighting makes it look good; I would suggest a nice sky or some kind of background behind him.

Ahem; I call this a Digital Out Of Proportioned Sun Set. I was thinking about making more graphic clips for my Zelda game, and along those lines I thought starting off of showing a nice horizon of some part in the game (probably the castle town). This was made from a lot of messing around with proportions and layers. It is not finished, but I would like to show and tell now.

mclelun..... niiice as usual, you really got the 'floating' stance down!!!!

mag, haha... you've got such a variance in your style. question: how long do you spend on your pieces? seems like there's quiiiite a lot of texturinga nd detail involved! I'd say two complaints about this piece are 1. that your characters have a black outline, which doesn't quite go along with the background... but, for an 'animated' look this really works well, because you pay attention to the characters more. Also, the shading on your big mushroom house could have a lot more contrast on the shadow side, just a deeper core shadow-- right now it feels kinda flat. overall, great work tho

Blink!! Now this is a different look coming from you, in fact the values are place so intricately I"m almost wondering if these are 3D renders with toon shaders thrown on! Really great vector work.

Evaman, are those all filters? Looks like you used a photograph from the sky-- one thing that really irks me is the orange line on the horizon O.o Water looks really cool, but I wish there was some more orange reflected light near the horizon; it should be like a mirror that far off, and really really bright too (even if it's just about as the sun's almost out, I think.... I mean it looks like the sun JUST went out , but even at that the top of the water line would be a lot brighter and still super-reflective. I'd make a copy of your sky, skew it a bit and make it reflecting onto your water, and then slap on a mask so it gradates out towards the bottom. Play with the blending modes! Make it shiny towards the top. Otherwise, cool water. Keep workin

Here's something I rescued from the life drawing room, apparently the life drawing teachers liked her a lot, but I wanted to have her back for my own portfolio.... TOP HEAVY!

Not to double-post, but here's a watercolor I just finished, called "And the Lobster Ran Away with the Spoon".

he he he tahn nice
    well just to remind you that this old dude is still around

magnetos, your work has gotten amazingly great over the last couple years. This is just awesome.I love the textures, depth and colors. great job man!

ditto, very impressive piece

Magnetos_II, wow very nice!

thank you guys i'm trying