A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: New Picture Exchange

bacon man--- have you ever seen "waking life?" Style looks alot like that. So I dont think its amaturish. ( and have no fear Im 32.) I got back doin art first as a freelancer about 1 1/2 years ago ( did web stuff for 7 years) and about 3 months ago I got my first gig as a game artist.

Hope to see more posts from you! and thanks for the kind remarks!

CDP-Design-- Thanks for the comment!

the demon guy I did with and old fine point pen Ive had forever ( think I got it from shopko or smiths ) nuthin fancy. The others I did with some new pens I picked up from walmart for 5 bucks ( set of 4 faber castell bold to fine. ) Used only the largest and the smallest on those as well.

The beast pic--same technique ink wise and the brought it into photoshop and did tone values and changes the hue.

All the pics are one 8.5 x 11 copier paper.
    Peece,
    Mel

waking life? no i havent heard of it. is it a comic or a cartoon or somthing?
    thanks, but all i did was trace over a photo, i cant draw humans faces etc like that out of my head! i ussualy just draw cartoon-type stuff. but i wanted to do somthing different for a change!
    wow, 32! ok, i'm relived now! i'm suprised you've only just got your first 'gig' now! your drawings are really good!
    good luck.

thanks.

http://www.wakinglifemovie.com/

Thinking movie but I enjoyed it. Nuthing wrong with tracing I think. Gives good practice for hand eye coordination.

And yeah I only drew for fun and wish I would have started back when I was younger.

Thanks again for the comment. And hope to see some more of your work.
    Peece,
    Mel

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    ok here is my first attempt at coloring anime stuff
    it from that web site i post before but i added the fiat 500 in the background i know its not near as good as your stuff but i like it

hermm....sorry guys for some reason i cant desplay my pictures from
    my webhost i know the picture is there but the link doesnt work
    although some old links work
    Last edited by magnetos; 07-20-2003 at 08:28 PM.

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    ok phosfer dont know if the file might be too big though
    still i would like to know why the heck i cant desplay my picture on my website
    Attached Images Attached Images

thats pretty kool ncie work

hey guys!

mel your work is fantastic! now I want to get into inkings, but I just really got into sketches....

baconman, still looks cool even if you did trace it! when you trace, you get a better idea as to how shading works. or so it seems, at least.

magnetos, that's really cool! I love the eyes! (like my favorite anime thing, always the eyes.) good job, let's see more!

last night I thought I'd do a big sketch of a character, well just the head, turned out looking way more older and realistic than he's supposed to be but I still love the outcome! this time i used the anime style of shaping the head, meanning drawing the cirlce, the jawline etc etc etc.

Hi, thought i'd contribute...

Did these at work today :

Hope you like...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Hello my Name is Danny
    oh i wanna show my drawings

nice that bottom one is sort of dragonball z
    ps your footer is too big 300x40 10kb max.

Hello my Name is Danny
    soory i didnt know.Thanks for the compliment.

unfibished sketch....hope you like it.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

great stuff everybody, here is my first Tablet drawing.

hey guys!
    robbmcaulay, those are really cool! especially for being inkings in one day! shading looks really good! post more!
    disc187, I like the dude on top. cool hair, cool look, cool staff etc etc etc... the girl's legs (second pic) I'd say maybe you could thin them out a bit, and perhaps make her taller? cool dbz guy. looks like maybe the hair on the dbz dude could use some more shading, like on the left and right thingees in the middle, so to say... looks really good though! aah yes. perhaps you could shade the girl? her hair could use some highlights (for light hitting it) looks pretty good though!

argonauta, way cool girl! i like it a lot! are you going to color her when she's finished? post her when she's finished!!

Xploder, nice shading! dare I ask what is it? no wait that'll spoil the fun! it's a winged pair of legs that are wearing pants that eyeballs have befallen on. hehe interesting, good job for your first tablet drawing! (mine was a bunch of scribbles. )

I've got a comic that I finished a few days ago, use the left and right arrows on your keyboard to 'page' through it... no loader, doesn't take too long to load (under a minute methinks)
    http://www.tahnee.com/43.swf

Hello my Name is Danny
    thanks.some of the stuff you mention i already knew.I just got to lazy to add more or was just to busy with my flash movie.

well, The_e-Tahn, I'm 15 years old, and have a (good) IMAGINATION. Your comics are a little off reality aswell. Its just a [(human)] bat. I have too much Disney style (meaning roundiness) in my head. Mope I'll kill it with some ANIME...

Did some more sketches at work today :

Hope you like

haha hey Xploder, I'm 14, yeah I've got lotsa craziness going round in my head too. I like the pic, it's just kinda crazy; crazy is cooooooool! once I get an anime pic colored in i'll post it up, i've been studying more anime lately.......

robbmcaulay, those are interesting... how long does it take you to do them? nice folds in the face on the dark mob pic.

They are only rough sketches... the blackish ones take about 10-15 minutes cause of all the black and the little ones are just 5 minute sketches on till receipts

I'm just getting into comic book art and can't wait to go to Edinburgh next week to rumage through Forbidden Planet (big comic store) for some nice art... we don't get any comics round here except 2000AD weekly and the monthly 'Megazines'...