A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: New Picture Exchange

WOOOOOOOOW Mel ! You really kick ass man!
    Use your imagination !

www.2cool.be

woah!!! another groovy one, as always!
    vexx is gonna be on all systems (GCN, PS2 and XBOX) anyways.. the main character, Vexx, has these magical gloves.. I saw a few screenshots.. they have these big spikes on them, and I thought your pic resembled them quite closely... groovy!

anyone want to give any comments/complaints/suggestions for the warrior girl (NOW COLORED!) that I posted earlier?
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/attach...postid=2083989
    (I know, it needs shading BADLY!)

Cool stuff you guys - I'll try to comment on everyone's images in full tomorrow. Been playing too much Metroid Fusion recently.

In the meantime, here's a new pic of the same character from the beginning of the thread - I've been working with a new coloring style which compliments the vector format better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice CNO!
    I really like the coloring, especially the the sword.

sweet robot! like the shading. and the sword; gives it a more smokey feel (to the sword, that is; or lightsaber, whatever. ) cool use of lighting and gradients!

e-Tahn
    I think the color looks great. I think the style that you got there doesnt need much shading. It looks great as is!

Slick color job CNO ! Me likes alot! Awesome character!You gonna animate him?

Heres my latest... not too happy with the end result. I'll probably try clean it up more later. Enjoy!

(its too easy to click post new rather than post reply on this. logically, arent you more likely to post a reply than a new thread while reading a thread? Shouldnt it come first? blah.)

very nice shading, cno. Is the extra bright light shining from behind? Might be nice if the shading on the hand holding the sword was slightly blueish, thats the only crit i can think of

etahn, i hope those are just super pointy boots, i'd hate to have feet like that. Um .. her face is putting me off a bit. It might just be the width of her mouth tho. Her cheek bone seems to be about the middle of her mouth, you could try (at that face angle) going in between her eyebrow and eye, and then coming out again for her cheekbone just under her eye, and then just curving down to the chin. Actually, i'm terrible for getting the cheekbone thing wrong. But hopefully that helps. :|

xup. totally jealous of the way you draw bikes. and .. another rainy day in england here. woo.

and.. mel.. blah. nuff said really. nice stuff.

something i did resonably recently. She looks like she's just challenged someone to something, even if she is holding a rag and wearing fairly scary looking gloves.

I'll link the other one, cause its some girl in her underwear.Dont look, kiddies!

Um.. yeah. Her face came out quite well actually, and i like the hair.
    A+A. Its cosy^tm. ... my drawings

Okay, here goes.

XUP - I like the new style you're exploring, it works well in vector. Not sure if it was intentional, but the muted colors give the impression of a cloudy day despite the all-white background, which is quite cool.

mel - Great stuff you've got going on. Good to see some drawings that aren't pin-ups (not that I mind them ). I still would love to see an extended comic from you done entirely in graphite - like your bold use of color as well.

Speaking of color, Tahnee, the image looks great. Very dynamic pose, and I like the choice of colors. The only thing I would look at are the center of balance (she looks like she's about to tip over), and it might be cool to use colored lines elsewhere in the image, like you did on the hair. But it looks like a cool character, and the proportions are pretty much on, which is something I still have problems with sometimes.

Laura, I know you've been moving toward this style as well, but now it really seems like it's coming together - the choice of colors are great, and everything works - from the pose to the facial expressions. Can't wait to see more of your comic.

As for the robot, yes, I will be animating him. Now that I've found a color scheme that I like - I'll be posting some more pics shortly. Eventually he will be the main character in my long-developing Flash game.

Originally posted by Lauradot
    I'll link the other one, cause its some girl in her underwear.Dont look, kiddies!
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

neways i got another one for ya....
    real happy with the way this one came out...
    oh and there is no prize for guessing what my favourite series is at the moment....

oh and its not to big is it? i just want everyone to see it
    p.s i only work in vector... check my site for the swf
    Last edited by xup878; 11-25-2002 at 01:30 PM.

This is turning into the scantily-clad women pic exchange.

Here's another of the robot, as promised. Different pose, slightly different than the last. I like the coloring style - still tweaking the character design.

Turning into a real ninjar robot. cool.
    Originally when I was waiting for it to load, it looked like he was gonna have one of those sticks donnatello has. he is the coolest turtle. anyway.

What enemys do green ninjar robots have anyway? None. they're just that good. aha. My brain is a little fried cause i took to cleaning out the psd/painter/flash/jpg files that i dont need anymore today .. 4 gigs worth that i'm so glad i'm never gonna see again.

Anyway, cant wait to see your game cno, you had fairly mad skills this time last year, the next game is anticipated.

Xup, great job on her hair highlights.
    A+A. Its cosy^tm. ... my drawings

hey, thanks for all the help, guys! At first, I was going to outline everyhing in different colors like I did the hair and the upper cape, but then I guess sleepyness took over and I just used black as the main outline color, which is what usually happens at 2 AM.

mel-- you're NOT happy with how it turned out?? well I think it looks pretty good myself!!

Lauradot-- groovy. cool facial expression!

xup- cool anime style!

speaking of styles... lots of inspiration got me thinking of starting a new style of my own, consisting of cartoon and anime elements mixed with some realisticness... well it just is basically a new cartoon style; in fact, once I get either the SWF's uploaded to the 'Net or I can convert them to .jpg's, I'll post them up right away. I'm currently working on a thanksgiving computer wallpaper, consisting of an evil pilgrim and a turkey (SO FAR.....) I have yet to scan it in and stuff, then color it and go through the whole ritual, but I think the end result will be great, and hopefully everyone'll enjoy it.

Lauradot
    Very nice indeed! Very cool werks! Love your style (Theres alot of undies this round!)

xup
    awesome stuff once again! Nice colors! Great job with the pose!

CNO
    Cant wait to see it animated! Its gonna rock!

e-Tahn
    Yeah I dunno why...had another shot at it..a lil happier with the outcome but probably should try to spend more time on it. here it is.

Melmann yours are amazing!
    The one criticism I'd make of your last one is that the feet don't look right. I'd imagine something like that would be very heavy, which would show on it's feet.
    Just my thoughts anyway

I always post this
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

Mel great pic again... quite different from your first go too.... but that axe doesn't look like it's in his hand... i think its to do with the armour and the fingers being so dark in color near the ends...

olly k nice pic, but for some reason i had to do right click>show picture to see it....

and CNO let see some animation already

p.s anyone who doesn't have space where they can link pictures... www.boomspeed.com

mel-- WOAAH!! totally groovy. I'd say the ax does look a bit off... off-centered, I think. maybe if you angle it more, it'd work.

olly k- groovy... uuh... bulbasaur, right? coolio!!

CNO- cool. gotta see it animated!

Yes tis bulbasaur.
    bulbasaur rules!

Melmann, i didn't notice it before but yeh the axe is a bit off
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

Here's another of the robot. I'm working on the animation - promise!!

(Cool Bulbasaur, Olly - I think I commented on it the last time you posted it).

Originally posted by CNO
    (Cool Bulbasaur, Olly - I think I commented on it the last time you posted it).
    Ya you did! Thanks!
    I think I'll do a new Pokémon sketch, I haven't done one for aaaaaages! Oohh Blastoise will be a nice challenge!

Coll robor btw. Does he have an enemy? I'm intreiged
    Last edited by Olly K; 11-27-2002 at 05:21 PM.
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

cool pose there, CNO! perhaps you could let us beta-test your animation, lol

whew! after hours of work last night and most of today, I have completed my Thanksgiving masterpiece. (YAY!)
    http://www.tahnee.com/happythanksgiving2002.jpg
    it's more than a meg in size, I think.. I never checked... but on a 56 k modem it took like 8 minutes or something to upload it to my site!! cough gag. well I hope you all have faster modems than I do and enjoy the pic!

curious.. who in here has a graphics tablet? I NEED ONE. I hate the mouse! (stupid squeaky device.. lol) anyways... who has one, what type is it, and how do you like it? I want an Intuos 2 for Christmas, but I want to see if there's anything else better, or at least what your reccomendations are...... thanks!