A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1648

Thread: New Picture Exchange

Damn Mags, everytime you post you get better and better.
    I love the colours, the comp, love it.

Double post. Was bored, basically just playing around with different brushes. Nothing fancy.

nice nats
    you know there are cool brushes already made that can make pretty neat clouds
    you can make them yourself with photoshop of course ,right now cant remember the link but there are plenty out there on the web

oo mags-- wow, did you draw that hand as well?
    I have oonnnne suggestion for your aah religious puppet + bird thing: try using smaller hard brushes for more definite outlines. I've noticed that you've got a kind of really soft touch with the edges of your work, but in the face of the fiure it's nice and very sharply detailed-- just the rest of the body has a sort of softness to the tiny details... I dunno, maybe just sharpen it up a bit-- but everything's definitely looking good!

Nat, that's an interesting piece-- I really like the clouds and the grass!!!! the grass looks awesome!

Lately I've been playing iwth some caricatures-- actaully I finished up my concentration!!

And here's what I've been up to for the past few nights....

AAH! big post!!!

Awesome E! I like the one with the smiley teeth Glary? *GRIIIIN*
    Very cool, more gremlins though please

haha thanks, glad you like the teethy grins XD

Actually... I'm planning a gremlin getaway game..... but if I actaully do get to work on it-- it'll be in the summer (or during finals week lol) or sometime still off a ways in the future... I've already drawn thousands of gremlins, so that''ll either be the possible end of them or I'll find a new obsession. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The_e-Tahn
    haha thanks, glad you like the teethy grins XD

Actually... I'm planning a gremlin getaway game..... but if I actaully do get to work on it-- it'll be in the summer (or during finals week lol) or sometime still off a ways in the future... I've already drawn thousands of gremlins, so that''ll either be the possible end of them or I'll find a new obsession. :P
    do you do professional caracture work? If you're in high school or college and near an amusement park, you should seriously consider trying to get into that to make some good cash. I have a friend who's a professional artist but manages one of those things at an amusement park and he was making nearly $400-500 per day just drawing kids and families in a humorous way.

Cool stuff. I like the things that all of you have been making.
    Right now Im making an abstract oil painting (first time with abstract art), so thats why I havent postend anything new, but it should be ready soon.
    It is a shame that colors have names

waoo nice stuff T e T wating for your oil arikb
    here is another wip you probably remember natsia sketch ? don you??
    oh well here i give it another shot , different angle different espression
    just tryng to figure anatomy and proportions

haha-- no, actaully I'm about to sell my first piece, so I'm not even quite a professional artist yet XD
    But wow-- $400-500 a day??? I didn't ----
    correction, I just sold my first piece
    anyway-- I didn't know that the amusement park artists made so much! I've always gotten the opposite impression for some reason. But great, I'll have to look into that in case work goes slowly

damn mags. Im loving how you did the skin.
    mini tute me! She looks almost cg.
    MiNI TUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Natsia
    damn mags. Im loving how you did the skin.
    mini tute me! She looks almost cg.
    MiNI TUTE!
    thanks nats but I'm not the tut guy ,not really good at it :O

basically I used a reference picture which is not exactly the same but close enough I found it on deviantart stock photos section , very groovy if I may say so there's no secrets here ,I'm using soft brushes with low opacity to make the skin tones, and little hard ones for the little details and lots and lots of patient and free time (at the moment I'm looking for work so I have plenty )

the most important thing is to get the proportions right then its all the way down its also very important the color of the background
    since it will reflect on the object giving it a different shadow and highlight color but I'm still a newbie at the coloring thing hopefully I'll get better
    now you made me type more then 100 words and that's pretty close to my attention span limit now you know why i cant write tutorials besie of course my lousy English

lol. Typing slacker.
    So you're basically just building on one solid colour? No layers or are you blending layers from the dakest tone up?
    Still, that is damn impressive.
    Keep this up and Im sure you'll be snapped up in no time hun, finish her off and i think it will be a damn good porti peice.

Last edited by Zacaboo288; 05-26-2006 at 11:25 PM.

been a long time since I posted something here. Actually, this is the first time I draw something in like at least 2 years (damn work, keeps me away from it), but I recently came back to my roots, now that i have a wacom
    Hope you like this one
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/33950766/
    Last edited by argonauta; 06-13-2006 at 01:14 AM.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I have seen cool pics in here. nj

This is my first painting since I was 11, and it is my first abstract painting as well. It is oil on canvas.

I don't like it a lot, but ill put it here anyway.

after this painting i swear i'm not making any more abstract ones, it is way too boring (for me).

Damn Argo, awesome pic!
    Akrib very good use of colour, impressive... Where are the more recent pics?

haha, I like the colors as well, but I regretted using the leak effect so much.
    and wich more recent pics are you talking about?

You said that was done when you were 11?
    And how old are you now?
    More recent ones.

Well, this is the very first time I look into an FK forum that isn't ActionScript or BackEnd.

I've recently got a Wacom Cintiq 21UX, because my past experience with standard tablets wasn't good. I hate the process of colouring my drawings, but I manage to get some better results on the computer.

These are two examples:

Here I downloaded a Land Rover Range Rover photo, painted the background over the original car, leaving out the wheels. Then drew my sketch and coloured it. Too lazy to clean it up, I left it pretty dirty!

Here I layed some blueprint-like lines in Flash, then exported a hi-res image and gave color in Photoshop. Again, too lazy to finish it off.

Do you know any tutorial I can learn for quick rendering techniques. I have to develop my drawing skills from a designer's point of view: I just need to achieve enough quality to communicate form and finish in a basic way.
    I'm no illustrator.

Thanks!
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.