A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: send flash in email ... whatup?

send flash in email ... whatup?

Does anyone know how to send flash in outlook express.

If you have the html page and associated swf file on the internet (I believe that you have to in order for this to work) then it should be pretty easy.

From Internet Explorer, browse to the page (with embedded swf) that you want to send, then from the Tools pull down menu at the top, choose Mail and News, then Send Page. Give Outlook a few seconds to render the html into "mailable" format and it should bring up an email window with the html and embedded swf in the body of the email. (Make sure you have html as the default mail send setting)

RH

I know that is the way to do it normaly, but I get an active X sercurity msg not allowing the flash to be viewed.

Outlook Express 6 is my email client.

Paul

I don't know if I can help you then. I have done this before, but I use the full version of Outlook 2000, so I have no way of playing with Outlook Express for you. Since it is a watered down version of the full software, they may not allow it.

RH

So, I just opened up Outlook Express 5 (I guess this comes with Windows) Anyway, if you look in the help section and search for active (as in active x) it gives some suggestions on changing security settings within outlook to allow for ActiveX controls within the software. This might help.

RH