dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loadmoive problem..

That's the sneaky part that lets loadMovieNum work in this case. theClip is the instance name of the target MC in the other two fla's. The target is the 'box' MC. I may have forgotten to add it when I worked these up, just go ahead and do it when you open them. Give them an instance name of theClip. Then do a test movie. Then, go back and move the box around on stage and the movie clip will still load into it, no matter where it is on stage.

By the way, if you test these resulting swf's from say windows explorer, the flamx.swf will not load into the original MC, but off by itself. That's because it is replacing the main movie when it loads. But, it works the correct way in test, or on the server, as you've seen.

In the onClipEvent(enterFrame) file the square has the correct instance name.But you forget to put it in the other file and it also works.Now the strange thing:I changed the code in this file to:

onClipEvent (load) {
    loadMovieNum("flamx.swf",merda);
    }

And it works, lol.

utopia_digital, I have to appologize. I gave you the wrong info. Like I said, I been awake too long, and working two jobs besides. OK, you did set the 'theClip' as the instance name in both main movie files? Right. Now, on the code for the clip, change it to

onClipEvent (load) {
    loadMovieNum ("flamx.swf", 1);
    }

It's the 1 that makes it load into the clip.

Ok thanks iaskwhy, that´s a way to loadMovies that i didn´t Know.I think i will stay with my own way.

LOL, and so will I, but this is the only way I know of to load into a target on a clip event.