dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Whats a good book to help me learn Plasma/3D Studio Max?

Greetings, I am happy to say that I just purchased Plasma and should be receiving it first thing tomorrow morning. Yes I am a newbie to the 3D world, but after trying the demo of Plasma I was instantly hooked. I couldn't believe on how it pulled me in to see what I can try and do with it.

Anyhow, I am looking for any pointers/direction into books or sites that can show me tutorials or tricks from people who have been doing this for a long time. I know I will spend alot time just going through the tutorials with the program and that will be a good start in itself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I have made of few tuts so far. They can be found in this forum. Plasma is VERY similar to 3ds max. Its could almost be consitered 3ds max lite. So be finding tutorial on 3ds max will almost always lead you in the right direction. As for books...Don't know of any yet.

No books for Plasma listed yet at Amazon

Hello WMLeeBo
    but where are your Tuts for Plasma in this forum? or tell me your sites URL.
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Creativity is...you have to Create it for yourself.

the program comes with a bunch of tutorials which is pretty helpful. I learned quite a bit from just doing the first 3 tutorials. Try it out first.