A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Flash?!?!

3D Flash?!?!

How do I have 3d flash animations instead of just looking at vector shapes?

How come if I go to a good flash site they have 3d modeled items in their flash animation? Or can this be done, and why doesn't Plasma alloy good 3d stuff to rendered into flash? BTW: Is it possible to render to flash and get the same effect if you render to .mov in plasma?

animations with 3d in them are usually a combination of both 3d and flash, you first model the object in plasma render it out as vector the way you want, import it into flash, in flash you draw all your 2d effects or add text around it, plasma is used for modeling with 3d animations, all the 2d effects in these animations you probably see are made in flash.
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

ok, so then if I were to save up for a student version of flash mx it would be possible to make a rendered animation of a logo spinning, then import it to flash then export it out of flash to keep the same 3d effect?

btw: the flash effect in plasma is very crappy

yea, you can import a spinning logo from plasma and then add stuff to it in flash mx, and personally i think the plasma render is better then the swift 3d renderer when it comes to swf format, much cleaner wire frame when you zoom in.
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

ok, so are you saying i can make a 3d spinning logo that looks bitmap quality as .swf in plasma? how can i do this!? Thanks!

bitmaps are totally different from vector..you can't compair the two, vectors always have better quality cause when you increase the size the vector remains smooth, bitmaps when increased in size become very pixely
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

what i mean is.... how can i make a 3d animation of a logo and put it on a webpage so that when you right click on it, it displays the Flash Player 6. Also, what I mean is, when you render to shockwave in plasma the quality is crap compared to normal rendering of it like in MAX. How can I keep the same quality of my plasma animation and still make it in flash? do i export it as flash or what?

if you want the flash 6 thing to pop up you render it as a swf (flash) file. the shockwave export looks nothing like what max would do.
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

http://www.efxgraphics.com/

in the top right corner there is a spinning 3d logo

i am capable of making that, but i was wondering how i could make the logo in flash? is that possible to in plasma? if it is could you pleaes give me a rough idea and then my problems are over

also, see how that flash logo is very high quality?

like i have been saying over and over, you can make that in plasma (render with the linear gradient in swf format) then import it into flash.
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

crap, sorry for repeating myself, but for my last response, i want to say thank you for all the help because now that that is possible with plasma, i now see the light at the end of the tunnel
    Last edited by Ketro; 10-26-2002 at 07:45 PM.

alright i have made a logo

in the Render Dialog Properties It is set to flash. When I render it shows up in crappy 2d, not the 3d stuff that i want.

it only shows up on 2d, animation is a series od 2d shots to make it look 3d, what you probably didn't do is check the option to render multiple frames instead of just one frame, check again to see how you rendered it
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

i have checked and rendered out 20 frames

how would you do it? could you give me some step by steps please

1)first open up the render menu
    2)under common parameters check the range option
    3)under flash render go to the file type pull down
    4)under file type select macromedia flash file (.swf)
    5)below it type in a name for the file
    6)press render and it will save the animation...now you have to go find it and do what you want with it
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

ok, see the image attached? i don't like that .swf quality, i want the real 3d stuff, how come it won't do that? i want the .swf to look more 3d like that link i attached, but how come it won't?
    Attached Images Attached Images

your rendering it out in a radial gradient style then in a linear gradient, to change this you go under flash renderer, at the bottom of this section is a fills box, in this box is a type drop down menu, from the selection pick the linear option, this will make it the way you want it to look
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

hmm,

i rendered it regularly without using flash and this is what i want it too look like...

when i rendered it linearly i get a crappy effect that doesn't duplicate that same image... am i being retoricle(sp?) here?

i rendered this out with the swf format with the linear gradient as i explained earlier
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

to note one more thing, to make it look like this in swf format, you have to first un-check all the boxes that add the wireframe to it, that might be why it looked a little different then what you rendered out in bitmap
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity