A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Solve the Login problem

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Solve the Login problem

Hi guys I'm back at laaaaaaaaaaaaaast
    well you couldn't have missed me anyway, but I missed you all

ok to solve the awful login loop in windows NT, 2000 or XP or basically speaking using an Internet explorer browser you have to delete all your old cookies manually then make sure you can see the file index.dat and geta fresh copy of it from any other user and place it instead of the old one

so again in steps this time :

1- if you are using windows 2000 or NT or XP all u have to do is create a new user and login using it's info

2-go to the documents and settings folder and open the folder for the new user you have just created, and you are logged on with it

3-open cookies folder and copy the index.dat file -it's size should be only 16 K.B.-

4- place it in the cookies folder of your original user-you will be replacing the old index.dat file-

5-make sure you have manually deleted all the cookies from your original user's folder

6-log off and log on with your original user

7-open Internet Explorer

8-celebrate your success by posting a message

thanks everyone for your help

sorry Jstarkey for my rushing, but you can't live without posting and getting replies

thanks mmarkin, I sent you a message but I guess I already solved it, with influence of your replies thanks again everyone

Good to hear.

I am not sure why it didn't work for others, but my method works perfectly fine on my Win98SE w/ IE6...and I've done this for at least 10 users so far.

Anyway, all I have to do is clear my IE cookies, close IE(, the first time this happened, I also went into c:\windows\cookies and deleted all cookies in there; even though my IE6 has its temp folder somewhere under Application Data, it still creates FK cookies under windows\cookies...weird), start IE again, and voila.

As always, feel free to ask me to fix it....

Mikhail
    Last edited by mmarkin; 10-28-2002 at 02:55 PM.

It is not working for me...

Hi,

1. I have deleted all my coockies. I was still not able to login.
    2. I have replaced my Index.dat. I am still not able to login with my previous login name.

regards,

Attoc.

I am back with my old username, and its all thanks to mmarkin!
    Thanks for all your help.

My pleasure, Vox.

SmallFly: Sent me your credentials and I'll fix it for ya if you want.

Mikhail