dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Totally Lost and Confused

Totally Lost and Confused

I have never ever had such a hard time learning a program as I have Flash. Just when I think I understand a concept it doesn't work when I apply it.

Right now I'm trying to make a book that I have drawn slide from the left of the screen to the right of the screen. I accomplished that easily enough with a tween, which is the one thing that I seem to be able to do every time, though it took me a week to get it right. *sigh*

Alright, then I want the cover of the book to open. That's going to be difficult enough, however, when I try to edit the graphic it edits in all the frames prior to the one I edit in too! I DON'T WANT THAT!

I AM SO FRICKIN' FRUSTRATED! I just want to make something nice, something that my family can use to keep in touch and at the same time I want to advance my skills. I'm including the file so you all can see what I mean, then maybe someone can help me...

Frustrated by hopeful,
    Rachel
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    I think you should go as far as you can until it gets screwed up and then repost the .fla so that people can see exactly what point you are having trouble with and maybe walk you through it a bit.

I am at a point where I can't go further. I try editing the book and it edits it all the frames before. That's the first problem and the most important one!

Rachel

wow, your .fla file is quite confusing...

I've typed a lot of stuff out and re-read it then deleted it, its quite hard to help you... basically you have too much stuff embedded into symbols and tweens and groups and what-not, its hard to see what you are doing.

If you edit a symbol in one place, it will change throughout the whole movie... so you need to create another symbol if you want make changes..

ahh.. i cant really explain it sorry, hopefully someone else can.

ask me one on fish..not flash
    mailed you my solution, same same if you like it i will send you another book detailing how it works now

cheers girlie

Gary