A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cool Airline Needs Poser Characters

Cool Airline Needs Poser Characters

I'm doing a personal project built around an airport theme. I would like to integrate some poser characters (pilots, ground crew, flight crew, pilots, etc.) Need help. I dont know how to create people and uniforms.

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    dont know how to create people in poser? just go under models and then choose the type you want. its somewhere on the top. I havnt used poser in a while but if you really want to create your own characters i sugjest you use any decent 3d software that you might have acess to. your project will get alot more respect
    Tutorials, Shaders, School listings and more for XSI users

-warping young flash minds is my idea of a good time-

I think your post (both of them <G>) is indicating you need someone to create uniforms and such so you can make your own Poser characters LOOK like pilots, stewardesses, ground crew, etc... is that right?

A couple of suggestions. Check around for free Poser downloads on the net (i.e. do a Google search) - you might find exactly what you're looking for OR you might be able to find something close. For example a pilot uniform looks a bit similar to some police uniforms you might find - so grab one of those, maybe change the colour and then use any graphics program (i.e. photoshop..or probably even just Windows Paint) to change the accompanying "textures" file that comes with the police outfit to change/add the badge, patches, pinstripes, or whatever. I bet that would work.

If you have cash you could post something on a website where Poser people hang out (flashkit is certainly one good spot to try - as you have). Renderosity.com has a good Poser community too, and you could post to the Poser forum to see if someone would create a custom made outfit for your poser models.

A lot depends on whether you require just static images that use Poser figures or if they have to be animated, etc.

Good luck and post here when you're done. I quite enjoy Poser myself and am always interested to see what interesting applications people come up with for it!

Hope this helps,

-Steve