A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Transparant swf file on html pages

Transparant swf file on html pages

Hai Flash guys,

Pls help me by ur idea. I need help. ???

My web page is full of contents and i would like to show the flash banner in transparant on above my contents, mean the contents should be able to see between flash banner. Transparent banner should display in middle of page on loading and it should disappear after showing messages for few seconds.

Else

i've small size banner in side of my web page. if on mouse over transparant banner should visible in middle page for displaying message on above contents.

Pls give an idea, I hope u guys will help, i'm really happy if u guys give hand to finish this task.

thx
    sathish

Banned
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ents/wmode.htm

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...2/wless02.html

Beware though that this only works with IE on Windows. Won't work with Netscape nor on ANY Mac browsers.

The latest beta of flash player claims to add support for wmode for netscape on PC and some browsers on Mac OS X, though it'll be a while before it is in common use.

Banned
    Will be pretty hard to test that!
    Don't have a Mac, nor will I use Netscape, who does?
    As for the new beta player, based on all the problems with the Flash 6 player, guess it will be a while!

transparent banner on web page

Hai guys

thx for ur reply.

But i've doubt.

after web page loaded, the transparent banner should load on page mean middle of web page { not in popupwindow ]and it should display transparent above the web content for few seconds.

Or

I've small banner on webpage, if on mouse over transparant banner should display in middle of web page.

Is it possible

thx
    sathish

That is what the links oldnewbie posted should do, you'll need to create your movie and publish it with a transparent background. Then in your main html page add a new division something like,

<div id="myflashmovie" style="position: absolute; left: 150px; top: 10px; z-index: 1">
    paste the object and embed tags created when you made the transparent movie in here
    </div>

You can position this div anywhere on the page using the left and top parameters and it should appear above any html content in the page.

BTW Netscape 7 is a surprisingly nice product