A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SPLIT IMAGE ver.2.o check it out!

Cow Icon

tell me what you think of SPLIT IMAGE ver.2

an online mag for Music, Sports, Art, Games, Writings,
    we think its pretty good but....... you tell us!

Thanks in advance.

Brian
    Co-founder/Art Director/flasher

Smile

The style is superb, clean, clear and concise
    You appear to have good content too, always a plus.

One thing though, I feel the navigation should be more intuative, having to keep going to the "home page" to reach a new category becomes tiresome.

also how are you going to deal with the nasty but neccessary beast "banner adverts"?

Maybe also consider re-doing the pop-ups to match the quality of the main site, also do they have to pop-up, why not have a draggable layer instead

CheerZ

rosie

Nice design, I didn't have time to go throught the whole site, but it seemed pretty nice. I just noticed that you you used "sence" on the front page intro text when I think you wanted to use "since" I'n no great speller, but I think I'm right here. cool sight,

rubbersharkman

:im:

resolved

a very good example to newbies, professional and clean with a few weird widgets. nice. nice background, hi-qua photos, tech-styled photo cropping, nice jazz behind the noise. readable and extremely well use of fonts. I suspect this is Century Gothic or Futura. I can't tell them apart really well. A+++

I agree with rosie about having to return to the home page, other then that, i like your style, need not so such effect or animation to make it look interactive, you have made a
    almost static site look ALIVE!!!Great site.

Arrow Thanks

Wow Thank you!

The comments I've been getting have all been very constructive and have really helped me out alot.

It wasn't an easy task designing this website. I had to make it cool enough to keep people coming back, but also had to make sure it runs smooth on slow computers, and loads fast for impatient users. Keep in mind that our main demo is 20-something year old people who go out every weekend to see live bands, most of them are in college or just working some job to pay their rent, so we had to keep things kinda simple cause we were pretty sure most of the computers would be older and slower.

anyways Thank you!

Brian
    Split Image

Arrow We just added..

we just added 3 track off of our music feature's CD

check it out let us know if everything works alright.

Thanks

Brian