dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just wanting some feedback...

Hybrid View

Just wanting some feedback...

Hi everyone, I am just about through designing my site. I was hoping to get some feedback(good or bad). Thank you for your time....

http://www.parlettdesigns.com/

Original Design

Very original design concept...I like it.
    The only suggestion I have is that maybe the links can have descriptions before mousing over them.
    One thing with the drag and drop links, the 'MISC' did not work.
    Everything else worked like a charm.
    I like the BG picture, too (maybe you could throw a different one for each page?).
    My humble opinion...hope it's not overdone.
    Good job!
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

I like your site very much. Great layout and the background image adds a certain "cutting edge" look. The interactivity in portfolio section took a couple seconds to figure out, but I like the concept. Perhaps you may want to do a simple, one time, quick animation on the bull's eye target (flashing it is an option)... just to invite the eye enough all the way to the corner. I like the way you use the orange bar in the menu to point where one is within the site... very clear yet quite attractive.

A small suggestion maybe to pop your larger portfolio images into a toolbar-less and smaller window. This, I think, is just a cleaner way of presenting your work into the ugly browser windows we've all become too accustomed to.

Thank you for the comments, nuansa I think that is a very good idea for the toolbar-less windows. I will start working on that tonight.

Nice site

all clean and easy to use - good for a portfolio

I agree with the other replies on the portfolio section - perhaps a quick animation of what the user should do with the target etc. ie show the mouse going up and grabbing the circles then dragging them over etc - could be good!

nice work well done
    G
    ps
    could u take a look at my post
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=388590

Thanks glasjazz, I have heard that same comment too many times to ignore. I will design an animation for the portfolio section. Thanks again.

The site is good but you could really do with some more content and space for text, especially on the start up page
    He was just a normal man 'till this cheeky little hormone called testosterone kicked in
    http://www.xtcf.com