dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: personal flash website - any feedback welcome

personal flash website - any feedback welcome

Just completed a personal site.
    Probably will use it in a portfolio of sites I've done on my professional site.
    If you have the time to check it out I'd love to get any feedback/suggestions anyone may have.

"Keeping Up With The Joneses"

Thanks!

Very well done!

Your site is very well done.
    The only thing that I have to say is it's too bad you can't use it for business! I like the fact that you have not been suckered in by the "2Advanced" syndrome (which seems to be infecting many designers), and that you've used a unique design instead of going for one influenced by metallic colours and minimalist shapes (not that I have anything against these designs).
    My only suggestion is maybe more of te site could be loaded right off...it did seem that whenever I clicked a link, I got a preloader.
    Although, of course, it makes sense when used here given that it's a personal site.
    Very good with the design work!
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

My first thought was "wow!" What a good looking site! The layout is great! Nice colors & color schemes, great use of images, very clear navigation, simple yet effective animation... I really can't think of anything in particular that could use that much improvement! It loaded fast for me using a 56k modem (and not the best borrowed computer). The best thing of all is that from your thoughtfulness in designing the site, I get the sense of your excitement being united with your woman (I hate sounding so cheesy, but I mean it).

I agree with the critic before me... many times designers tend to follow a certain "popular look" and fail to be creative as the result. You obviously know what you're doing and certainly got me curious in the other sites you've designed. Keep up the good work!

nuansa

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    site is nice...
    great colours...
    loads really quick, and i dont mind the preloaders on each page...

hope you have a happy marriage!!!

thanks

Hey,
    Thanks a lot for all of the comments and well wishes!

that's a GREAT personal website man... everything about it is really good... nice and smooth... really fast loading... good "theme" behind it all... nice sounds... ect...

thanks for sharing... what a really good job

nice site nice idea

all good for me! one thing tho' in the honeymoon section, when I clicked the pix, they popup over the thumbnails to the right ... have to close the image to get them - minor detail in a world of happiness

All the best
    G
    ps could u take a look at my post
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=388590