dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: conveying communication in logo

Hybrid View

still learnin'

conveying communication in logo

Hi

I'll like to get some ideas and suggestions from the design gurus here, how do you normally convey the idea of communication between elements in a logo?

Thx in advance

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    That's not an easy question to answer because its a really really broad question. Logos are in my opinion, the hardest task for any designer to master. It can take literally months towards a year for an effective logo to develop.

For me, I take a lot if time identifying what my logo or my clients logo has to represent in comparison to actually creating a sketch of the logo. It's SO important to identify a criteria to follow and research what colors, styles, font, pictorial space, gestalt principles, and tons more would fit within that criteria. I mean, obviously an airplane pointing downward would not be wise for an airline company.

I think you really just need an idea of where your logo is heading prior to actual creation, because logo design relies both on knowledge and instinct.

Argh, I'm sorry I didn't really answer your question well, but I hope you got some jest of what I was attempting to say. It's just really hard for me to explain.