A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: URGENT!! Function not working after export...

aCtioNScRipTer

URGENT!! Function not working after export...

When I export my movie into SWF, my function does not work. But when i tested it with CTRL+Enter, everything is perfect. No external files are imported. Any idea why?

Dreams in Actionscript
    Not sure why this would happen, but a few ideas:

Function contains a trace command, and your pubish settings are set to remove your traces.

Or, the function is not being loaded into the same level as the function call?

Hard to tell with out a little more info..

But maybe this will get your problem solving juices flowing..

Take it easy,

IconD
    (Insert Witty Remark Here)

aCtioNScRipTer
    Had check out what u've said. The function is in the same level as the function call.

What do u mean by the trace command? Does that affect the function?
    I do not have any trace command in the scripts. And other than checking the Protect from Import box. the rest are untouched.

I think i missed out one point. I actually meant that when I export it into HTML it doesn't work.

Anyone else any idea?

My deadline is today but i still can't get this solved.

Dreams in Actionscript
    In problems like this that I have faced before, usually it has to do with the version of flash plug-in that I am using in my browser. For instance, after I upgraded to FLASH MX, I didn't update my browser right away, which caused some problems, if your movie is working in Flash Player, or CTRL+Enter It should work in your html. The only time it won't that I know of is if you have MX code trying to run on a Flash 5 plug-in.

Just an Idea.

If you want you can send me the SWF and HTML file. You can email me or pm me and I will send you my address.

Good Luck!

IconD
    (Insert Witty Remark Here)

aCtioNScRipTer
    Thanks for your reply. I've installed flash MX since the day it was launch and I've never hit such a problem until now. So dun think its the plug in version.