A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash site check

flash site check

www.elitesportsproducts.com/Flash.htm
    I am almost ready to finish this site. most of it works but needs content and a few sections need the rest of the nav. added plus an intro and I will have small animations of the products loading in the white placeholders in each section on enter. This is for a fitness products estore selling prohormones fatloss prod. ect.. I tried to make sure it was easy to understand where you are going but the only thing I wanted to do is add more interactivity for when after you enter each section(prohormones, weightloss, antiageing ect..)Please tell me if you can think of anything good that will still be navagateable by someone that is dumb(most people) just kidding, but may add a little something. The space in each section is limiting for ideas other than fade but that looked cheesy. By the way this is my first flash site! I did one with swish before but i realy don't count that.

thanks for the help
    shaun

The text is hard to read, and i dont like bg music

all good for me

I like it -- looks good and easy to get around

One thought, when each page loads up, there is a white flicker effect, then the content appears -- Might add to the smoothness of the transitions if you have the image box (outline at the mo') flicker after the text and background have appeared - know what i mean? what u think?

Nice one
    G
    ps
    could u take a look at my post
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=388590

Grafics and colors are very good. The whole site is pretty good, only two things to remark.
    Maybe you can upgrade the scroller a bit. Like a continuous scroll button and give some indication of where you are in the text. The way you made it now it is confusing because you don't know how much of the text you alreay read.
    It is true that the text isn't very legible when your on a higher resolution screen. The buttons might still be ok, but the smaller buttons on the top left are really hard to read. You might be better off with a sans serif font for your content. It is legible, but my eyes got tired after a while. Really good thing voor a first site.

Navigation is very easy and clear, the site loads fast. The text could probably be a little larger to make them more legible. Sans serif may be a way to go.

It's a real good job for a first timer. I must admit though, the overall feeling I get is cold and distant... the hard metallic look and the spaceship sound effects contributed mostly to this. I quickly wanted to exit the site. But hey, those weight lifters may relate it to the sound of dumbells being moved around in a weight room.

thank you for the reviews so far. I am trying diffrent fonts to see what will help but belive it or not the others arn't looking much better, maybe the background is creating an illusion. I will be updateing it frequently, hopeing to have it finished in about a week so keepem comming - shaun

JAyzEE
    the text is lil difficult to read.
    Junaid Zamir