A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Der Bauer

resolved

http://www.derbauer.de

This site's graphics and animations scare me!!!

i realy thought i was going somewere until i saw this. this is awesome!!!

DON'T MISS THIS !!!!!

For those who wanted to watch this site, please read their advice clearly.
    I was on 56k connection and thought they might be joking about those connection so i waited.
    Afterall, it worth all the waiting, listening to the best sound effect and stunning creation i had seen soo far.
    Later, i switch to my cable modem, and this site rock my monitor off my table, police come knocking on my door asking me to lower down my volume.

That's not a website, it's a movie. I've never seen a site like that.....

(louding clapping and screaming)

:im:
    guys, this kind of site IS a movie. why? it's all BITMAPS. there is no VECTORS except the text. so it's not a site. and it shouldn;t be considered as. and by the way, ppl were wailing like killed because of my site loading so long. hey, check THIS out and tell me what you think. let's see, it's 10 times as big as my site. quite amazing huh? but i even rounded my website to 300k which it really isn't so my site is if rounded to 200 is 15 times as less. now, that's lightweight. the only part i liked is about us where there is a heavenly music.

fhobia
    No doubt, this site is great in the movie department. It's visuals and sounds are top-notch but its not a great example of using the web as a medium and its not a good example of design either.

While the site itself if a marvel of what you can do with flash, its more like a demonstration you would see on promotional CD or something. It can bee viewed as a site, but not something I would want my clients to have as a site. Too long to download on normal connections..