A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: browsing interface needs work

browsing interface needs work

Suggestion: FlashKit needs a way to display a titles-only view when browsing the source code archives. That would sure be better than hitting "next", "next", "next"....

when are they gunna also gunna change the drop down forrum selection box at the bottom of each forrum that was there and it was even updated with the new forrum and i really liked how they made it to automaticly go to the selections the same as the were-here forrums did, you done something good then you took it away ,"How stupid's that???". you said it was going to be a week until it was back up again. well it's way after that. having that convience, 'not there' is crazy and lying is even worse.

Civilian
    Originally posted by Jaffasoft
    when are they gunna also gunna change the drop down forrum selection box at the bottom of each forrum that was there and it was even updated with the new forrum and i really liked how they made it to automaticly go to the selections the same as the were-here forrums did, you done something good then you took it away ,"How stupid's that???". you said it was going to be a week until it was back up again. well it's way after that. having that convience, 'not there' is crazy and lying is even worse.
    Not sure where I said a week, but here's one quote:

As soon as the new machine is in place, I'll add all the features again. The forum jump amounts to 50 DB hits per page, so I've turned it off temporarily.
    IBM is taking a little longer than expected to build and ship us the equipment.

As as a side, with ref to Were-here, Aaron suggested I temporarily dump the forum pulldown when we were having the problems back in January. That's really where it came from this time.

I'll try to avoid lieing in the future.

Originally posted by Jaffasoft
    while I agree it may be a bit tedious to have to scroll all the way to the top of a screen - gotta be careful not to pull a muscle.

sheesh dude, it was taken away, explained in clear detail why, and also in clear detail, when it was coming back.

guess it's a bit much to ask for a bit of patience to wait until the bigger, faster, more expensive server will arrive to serve up that one button you're up in arms about.

oh, and FK is still free. care to have some patience? others are affected too.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]