dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preload external swf files

preload external swf files

hello, i know, i know, the preload thing has been talk to death in just about any flash forum, but still, i just can not get this damb thing to work.
    i'm trying to preload an external swf file on mouse klick into an empty movieclip. the loaded swf contaions noting but a sound lood and play once it has fully loaded. ive trying getBytesLoaded/Total, ive tried _framesloaded etc, ive tried ifFrameLoaded, but i just can not get monitor the load the movie clip.

PLEASE HELP, THIS THING IS KILLING ME................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

here is a file, to show what i m talking about. this is just one of things i tried, but alway along those line...
    Attached Files Attached Files

HELP

what am i doing wrong, can nobody help me

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

llook, i know this preloaderthing is dead, have founde hunderds of tutorials to the subjekt, but none of thm seem to work for me. i have my my main flash film with a preloader in the 1 scene, once the 2 scene has loaded, gotoAndPlay("scen1", 1); works beautyfuully. but now in the main film, i have a few buttons, which each load an swf file with a soundloop in it. and obviously, because this are copleate tracks, it takes qite a while to load. all a want is a status bar and perhaps a percentage thingy telling the listener how long to go bevor the song has finished loading.
    i am loading the ext. swf via loadMovie into an empty MC on stage, but i can not get the bytesLoaded or bytesTotal of that empty MC, it doesent seem to regsiter that there is any loading goin on. if i trace bytesLoaded/total, i get 2 or 3 bytes...

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE help. am close to desperation, have been fiddeling with this for days no and can not o on till with works.

or if someone knows of a tutorial talkin about with problem, would be very very veryvery thankfull...