dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: wallpaper - what do you think

wallpaper - what do you think

He is a wallpaper I'm working on for a download freeby for a club night in Birmingham (UK).

!Click here to see it!
    (make sure you view it at full size, otherwise the smooth lines will like jagged.)

I wanted to make it not only a nice thing to look at but also easy to use as a wallpaper. Meaning that you don't start to go under when you have been looking for your icons for too long. I didn't want to make it too much like the standard wall papers with the companies name, logo, and web address stuck in the bottom corner.

I think that the information is there,but does the web address need to be any clearer?
    Is it really that important?
    I'm not sure if it may be used as a viral marketing thing, ie. to go as attachments to the mailing list members or what.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by choclate vanilla; 11-05-2002 at 10:54 PM.

It seems to be very bare, ok there is the sign, but that has just been repeated a million times. Maybe its just because I dont like the colours, black and yellow together.

mullet king
    Nah, its got potential, but I dont like it atm... I cant see what it has to do with a nightclub... I dont like the colours either... but it does make a change from other wallpapers...

To answer the comments.

The colours are black and yellow because that is the colours that the club use. The logo is like the "danger" electricity sign that is used in the UK, only with the guy falling over, the nights name is tumbledown.

The reason it is bear is that I'm feed up with wallpapers that look good but are actually really difficult to use as an actual wallpaper. I find that the icons just get lost in the background.

I was trying to get an effect of the logo being in 3d and kind of spinning. But like when you are out clubbing and you see the lights flashing in the dark and they kind of give an effect of being in serveral places, a bit more abstract though.

Might just be me.
    Last edited by choclate vanilla; 11-06-2002 at 11:58 AM.

What I would do is make a large logo in the center (or smthg) and then maybe some smaller ones scattered around (or maybe none)

this way it lacks impact