A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: formato para tv

formato para tv

necesito hacer una presentación en flash que mi cliente quiere enseñar en una pantalla de television. que formato me recomendais para la pelÃ*cula swf?

gracias

Sergio

I hope your english is better than my spanish...
    First off all, flash is not made to put content on tv, however it is possible. The dimensions of your movie should be 720x576. Be sure to maintain a 5% safety area for images and 10% for text. Meaning that you cannot put text along a border of your stage because it will not be visible/legible on a tv screen. The hardest thing to do in flash is color management. Tv colors are handled a lot different from colors you show on a pc screen. For example, you cannot use a bright red color. There's now way flash can manage this for you. You'll have to be carefull not to use hard, bright, flashy colors. Another thing you have to be carefull of is that tv is a liniar medium, so you have to make your flash file linear too. No movieclips with actions in it, they won't work. Everything has to be animated frame by frame (or tweened) in the main timeline.
    To publish the file, you can choose export image and choose avi. Then you will have your flash file as avi. However the quality might be very poor, you'll have to play around with settings a bit. Another way is to publish the file as .swf and import the swf into Adobe After Effects. This will give a much better result. But if you import the swf into After Effects it will leave out the sound. If you're using sounds, you will have to add them again in the After Effects file. Talking about AfterEffects, this is the kind of program you should use to make animations for tv, it has great possibilities to encorporate video, sound, animation, graphics,... together and render it as an avi file. It also has features to monitor color use, safety area's... However, if you don't know after effects, it is not an easy program to learn.

thanks for that! sorry about the spanish... i hadn´t been awake long enough time to realise that it was an english speaking forum!!!