A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help on form...

help on form...

I'm trying to make some sort of form on our site where people can leave their name, e-mail and a comment. I know there are several ways of doing this, but I'm not a don when it comes to this so I'm looking for something simple. Either this info could be mailed to me or written to a text file on our server. I'm not looking for any database solutions as this is a bit too complicated I think.
    Most of our site has a flash look so if this can be solved in Flash that would be the best...

ANYONE???

Hi Matix.

Do you have access to a server that runs PHP? If so, then I can post up a simple message board that I made in Flash, along with the relevant PHP scripts. No databases involved, it just writes to, and recalls from, a text file.

Cheers

At the moment it's not running php, but as I'm administratering it I can probably install it. Is this a simple thing to do? Anyway some help in this will be much appreciated aswell.

Cheers.

btw. I don't want the info that people put in to show on the site. It's only so we can expand our mailing list and get feedback.
    Last edited by matix42; 11-06-2002 at 09:28 AM.

Hi

I`ve installed php and apache on my laptop and use this setup to test flash/php scripts locally. Installation of php was straightforward enough for me, but I don`t know how much hassle installation on a real server would be...

http://www.php.net includes a fairly comprehensive installation guide with the php download, but this...

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ba...-776/index.php

...despite being targetted at users setting up php etc... on a localhost, might be useful too.

I think, for your purposes, that you don`t have any choice but to use a server-side language, such as php, in order to achieve what you want. As far as making the user details and comments for-you-eyes-only, that`s a very simple alteration to the .fla that I`ll post up (later on today).

Hope this helps. Keep us informed.