A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just got my first job! What do you think of my design?

.:|8^)\ if I only had a brain! gangelo's Avatar

Just got my first job! What do you think of my design?

Its just a mock web page at this point, but how do you like my design? Any constructive crit. is welcome.

http://www.business2web.com/healthlineis/

Thanks

I saw your site

Very nice, keep up the good work.

Ok I'll just make a list of the things that come to mind:

1. Generaly I am finding the design a little too busy. There just seems to be too much going on.

2. The colour scheme is nice and I like the way that you have used elements of the images accross the top, in the buttons as well. I think though, that the buttons could be smaller and intrude less on the content space.

3. I think that the welcome graphic is completly unnecersary. It makes the content area look dis-jointed. If you took it out and had the text level with the picture of the guy at a screen then it will lay alot better. This would also bring the height of the page down, (fitting it into one screen), so that you would not have to scroll down at all.

4. I think that with a graphic heavy top bar, "less is more" in the main content section, and so allowing the user to more quickly find the information that they are after.

It has alot of potentail for being a clean crisp, professional looking site.

I'm viewing the site in IE6, screen resolution 1024x768.

THank you for your comments Ill have a look at it

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    I have to agree with Vanilla's number 4 suggestion.

The top menu has way too much going right now. A simpler design would be much easier to read and also look cleaner.

Also, you seem to have a LOT of room on the right that could be filled, especially when you have to put in actual content.

two things...

1- i tried to figure the meaning or ppurpose of the little squares... couldnt...
    2- put a bgcolor in your body, not everyone have white as their default browser bg color... =)

Originally posted by DontLikeFlash
    two things...

1- i tried to figure the meaning or ppurpose of the little squares... couldnt...
    2- put a bgcolor in your body, not everyone have white as their default browser bg color... =)
    Some design can be abstract and not everything has to have specific "meaning". For instance, what is the "purpose" or "meaning" of a button being round as opposed to square? However, the the squares give it a clean, "hospital/healthcare" type look, almost like white tile you would see in a hospital.

I have css that customizes the body tag to have background-color: #FFFFFF; but you're right, I should put a bgcolor in for older browsers just in case.

Thanks

keep it low on photoshop especially the bevels and you got a good design.