A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ANGRY DESIGNER - Stolen Website Design on site check for viewing...

ANGRY DESIGNER - Stolen Website Design on site check for viewing...

I'm not sure where this post should go - and perhaps it shouldn't go up at all, but STEALING OTHER PEOPLES DESIGN is OFFENSIVE and should not be tolerated.

I don't get on my high horse very often - but this is why Flash designers are a bit wary about sharing open source Flash Files....

under board/ site check this thread was started....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.inspirit.ru

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

under board/ cool sites this thread was started....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newmedia.ie/

You will find exactly the same background images, same shadow images, same floating "+'s". Unless these 2 sites were created by the same person (and the source code has no mention of that) then something is very amiss.

Last edited by spacemango; 11-06-2002 at 08:53 PM.

Blood elf, or PHP guru... hmmm Paradoxz's Avatar

Dont worry.

All they did was take your horrible site, and make it not as horrible, but still horrible.
    Do you think pirates knew PHP?

Re: Dont worry.

Originally posted by Paradoxz
    All they did was take your horrible site, and make it not as horrible, but still horrible.
    It's not my site!!

to be honest, that's what i did there for a while. i dont have the creativity, courage, and experience to just simply MAKE my own design. using other people's "prototype" is common among new web designers (that's why you see free/paid web template services becoming increasingly popular).

i did it only for experience--it's not as if im laughing in the original designer's face and saying "look at me!!! i STOLE your design and im gonna get rich off it!"

well, i worked my way UP to designing my own site and thus you have my own design: http://www.dyjytyl.com . We all know how hard it is to make your completely original design, and how good it feels after you know it's yours, you made it, and its guaranteed to never be viewed ever before.. I worked VERY hard on this design--but if someone were to come along and rip the design scheme or prototype or whatever off and use it I really could care less as long as they don't make money off it and they're doin it just to learn.

there's no way I could get to making my own design without using other's. it's a step i had to take to get to that point, but i'm there and i'm glad it worked out the way it did.

jared

Banned
    It's sorda obvious that the same person created both..Same techniques, style, etc..I doubt that someone stole the others exact style..So probably what happened is there is some kid just designing his ass off, and posting different projects to see the responses..Very easy to post under two different names here in the forum..

Why don't you go design something and stop playing "flashcop"..

reeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww, reeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww, reeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww..

Thats a siren in case anyone was wondering

Have fun

na, i see where you're comin from space, but try to realize where these people who "steal" the designs are coming from and what they're trying to accomplish. they're not hurting anyone and they're not making a fortune off it, they're just tryin to learn so i dont see why we gotta get bent outta shape over someone usin a design to learn to do it their own way.

the fact that the original images are yours and the other person using it is wrong--they need to get their own images, but as to the "style" and design and organization of everything--they don't know how to make that theirself, so they use yours until they get the hang of it.

you could only understand if you did it before.

Banned
    The styles are to close, they were designed by the same person..

Have fun guys..

That's pure stealing. Can't you see?

The inspirit.ru probably just took the .swf from his tempfile and added to his design.

the newmedia.ie is decent Irish design that has been around for a while.

the inspirit.ru is just plain ripoff !!!! made in russia,
    and the site has a amateur feel to it so I seriously doubt it was made by the same guy.
    Actually I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

HANG THE BASTARD !!!

I've sended an email to newmedia and asked if they were somehow involved in the making of that site

you guys are making much more out of this than it really is. obviously no one has listened to a word i've said so i'm done posting here.

they're not hurting anyone and they're not making a fortune off it, they're just tryin to learn so i dont see why we gotta get bent outta shape over someone usin a design to learn to do it their own way.
    In this case what is he gonna learn by stealing an entire .swf file
    and using it in his own design

so they use yours until they get the hang of it.
    you must be joking... never heard of copyright???

Guess he has not one legal copy of software to produce it as well.

Originally posted by sense
    I've sended an email to newmedia and asked if they were somehow involved in the making of that site
    I would love to hear what they say!

Originally posted by flash_critic

reeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww, reeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww, reeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww..

Thats a siren in case anyone was wondering

tnx for pointing out , i 'was' wondering

bout the site , i don't care really

d

Yes, please, let us know what they said. Although I think they might not be to bothered about it.
    It is true that you often take other .fla's and rip 'em apart to try and learn from it. But the ones I use usualy come from Flashkit, and they where put there for that reason!
    If the russian guy actually has taken that file, he didn't learn very much, because he hasn't altered it in any way. He's probably surprised that so many people are viewing his site at the moment though.
    If newmedia has taken the swf from the other guy I'm gonna laugh my heart out, but I don't think that is the case. The swf new media uses is a lot more elaborate then the one the russian guy uses, I think.
    Personally I wouldn't like it very much if someone stole a graphic or an entire file form me and used it as if it were it's own. Can you do something about that? I don't think so, it's not as if he stole the entire website, only the background swf.
    Should we care? Sure, stealing someone's newly bought pants and showing them off in front of everyone isn't right either.

Ha, thats pretty funny..

Id take it as a compliment that someone is using the same design, Means atleast someone likes it.. Just means the next version can be even better!

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    It happens all the time!