A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Incorporating Flash into Front Page

Incorporating Flash into Front Page

Can someone explain how Flash integrates with Front Page? A customer of mine would like to incorporate a couple flash elements into her site but she's not certain, nor am I, on how easy, or difficult, this will be for her once I send her the flash movie and html code.

In other words, she knows very little about html (hence she's using Front Page). I, on the other hand, know nothing about Front Page. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Very simple. In fact, you can cosider a Flash movie just like you would an image. For instance, to add an image, the normal procedure is to make a cell in a table to hold it, so you can control the positioning. You would do the same for a swf. Decide what size the flash movie is to be in advance, make the stage size, that size, build the movie, then publish an html page for it. Open the html page and view it's source. Just copy the stuff between the two <Object > tags and paste into a notepad file and save it. You must upload the swf to the server first, then open the page you want the movie to play in, find the table cell it goes in and paste the object code in there. And save.

I have made pages with up to 3 different movies playing on them. You have to be careful though, while the swf's are smaller in size than an equivelant image say, they take processor resources to run any animations. Too many on too slow a processor can make them run jerky.

Or, you can go do this:
    Open up a new html page in FrontPage, create a table, go into
    Insert menu > Advanced > Plug-in > Browse (to locate your SWF file), and then input the required dimensions.