A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the FK server performance

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Good:Pages load very fast

0 0%
  • Good: Seems about average for my connection.

2 20.00%
  • Bad: Sometimes I cant load pages or search results

7 70.00%
  • Very Bad: I want to smash my computer whenever I get a DNS error.

1 10.00%

Thread: Come on FK, join the new millenium

Threaded View

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar

Come on FK, join the new millenium

Come on FK, join the new millennium.

Don't get me wrong. I love flashkit, the community and helpful moderators, just about everything except the servers.

If you tell me that FK does not make money on this site and the Flash Conference, I will call you a liar.

I understand that the majority of services on FK are free of charge, and you may say: Hey man its free, stop your b1tching, what do you want for free?

Well, without "us" the users, FK would be little more than a personal homepage with some flash tutorials and a message board.

How hard is it to add a new server or at least keep the ones that they have, running at peak performance? I know that it is not cheap to run multiple servers not mention bandwidth costs. But there has to be a solution on the horizon, someplace.

With the amount of product sales that FK generates for macromedia, erain,etc.., not to mention technical support and beta testing, you would think that they would offer some server space to help in the continuation of a very good thing for both companies.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is fed up with the overall performance of Flashkit, slow loads, no loads. Every year the servers become more taxed, with added users, growing databases, more adds, etc., and although I know the FK team does their best to keep everything running well, their best is becoming not good enough.

Should we start donating money for upkeep? Any rich developers want to pitch in? Is there a sugardaddy or /momma in the house??

I would never consider leaving Flashkit, because I love it here..but maybe that's the problem.Why do they need to make things better when they have such a loyal member base?

Am I way off target? Just a jerk? Or do I speak for many.

Any insight, slams and discussion would be appreciated..

Thank you for letting me rant..

As always..
    A loyal member
    3PRIMATES
    Last edited by 3PRIMATES; 11-07-2002 at 04:25 PM.