A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2advanced

2advanced

Lol I just went to 2advanced.com which I hadn't been to or thought about in a while and I realized how bad that site design was. I have been working on my own sites for a while, and upon visiting 2a again I realized how drab and dull the colors are, not to mention how they don't match to well, how boring and uninovative the header is, how unoriginal, plain and boring the layout is, and just an overall dullness and unoriginality. I haven't been in here a while, but I take it that 2a has a lot less respect than it used to? I think the site downright sucks after seeing it again (I never thought much of it in the first place) I know there are certain types of site, like ones without much graphics and intensness and whatnot, but I don't think 2a is good no matter what catagory you consider it in.
    P4 1.3GHZ|128 RDRAM|DVD 16x|CDRW 12x|Geoforce 2 MX 32MB|WIN XP PRO|56K|IE 6|1024x768
    "Strategery"-George W. Bush

Hmmm 2adv bashing... thats original...

Just wondering if 2advanced is really thought of as that good anymore.
    P4 1.3GHZ|128 RDRAM|DVD 16x|CDRW 12x|Geoforce 2 MX 32MB|WIN XP PRO|56K|IE 6|1024x768

just being creative is the in thing now

just do what pleases you.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Seriously, do you think you can do any better? 2A has some of the best designers in the world working for them, and there site doesn't suck. If they wanted one of the most mind blowing sites around, they would have it. The site is amazing, most of there clients havn't seen some of the "better" sites around, and their current site does just what it needs to do, load fast, and get their point across. Think back to the first time you saw 2A, no doubt you thought it was amazing, the site is still amazing, its pretty old now, but I have not seen a better design co. site to date.

Yes there site does suck, and no I was not saying anything about my personal web abilities, what does that have to do with anything? Load fast? Don't make me laugh, it takes forever to load compared to an HTML site and HTML sites can look 10x better than that. They don't have such great designers, just look at their portfolia and you'll see they aren't that good. There are much better design sites out there.

Well, that depends on what you think look good. People's opinion differs, and many people are opinionated.

I still think that 2advanced is a classic, inspired many people, and it was "state-of-the-art" at the time, and also have a very nice "atmospheric feel" on it.

Talking about colour, It is in my opinion that the site is colourful, or is it?

what is 2advanced ?

mullet king
    Originally posted by swampy
    what is 2advanced ?
    Hmm, I think their site is under construction? www.tooadvanced.com

mullet king
    Originally posted by mx_kid
    Hmm, I think their site is under construction? www.tooadvanced.com
    But these are ok http://www.not2advanced.com

its funny...of all the sites on the internet none is as talked about as 2A. or so it seems. The funniest part is, how come no one ever talks about how bad other bad sites are? I think its one part jealousy and one part "down with whats popular" Personally I like 2A and there team, and I will never forget seeing 2A for the first time. I dunno...maybe im wrong...but just leave them alone already.
    ..JCESS..

Drum & Bass Addict
    cause the 2a site is getting old now. everyone knows websites are outdated by the time you finish them to put them online im sure when they finish a new site itll be cool. or maybe the trend has changed to diff sort of sites that 2a doesnt do. like the crisp plain sites that are full of content etc etc. maybe YOUR taste has changed cause you saw so amny 2a site look alikes for the last 2 years and your over that whole "tech" style of design

mullet king
    Originally posted by ocps
    maybe YOUR taste has changed cause you saw so amny 2a site look alikes for the last 2 years and your over that whole "tech" style of design
    exactly So many people copy them now, and there are some "good" copies, that 2A seems plain. V4 is due out next summer.

But if its anything like billybussey V2, dont hold your breath

Originally posted by mx_kid

But if its anything like billybussey V2, dont hold your breath
    I cant wait to see it. V1 was so good - it got a huge response on here too.

Who are you to bash 2 advanced! What gives you the right?

Just because you get bored of a site, does not mean it sucks. 2advanced is a great site and has standed the test of time. Do you see any pixel fonts? HECK NO! This site is Pre-pixel font and look how tight there text is! I want to see you do that! Oh! And you have to use technology from 2-3 years ago.

If the site really did suck, how come every web surfer and flash drunk knows about the freakn site? Ever thought about that? You think crappy sites get that type of attention? You think crappy sites get Fortune 1000 clients?

You are pretty ignorant to say the 2advanced site sucks.

How about taking a look at what they have been working on this year:
    http://www.turivodka.com/
    http://www.xs-engineering.com/
    http://www.realtybid.com/
    http://www.bacardidj.com/

Stop bashing other designers and start doing some real design work.

Señor member
    Originally posted by enstent
    Who are you to bash 2 advanced! What gives you the right?

Just because you get bored of a site, does not mean it sucks. 2advanced is a great site and has standed the test of time. Do you see any pixel fonts? HECK NO! This site is Pre-pixel font and look how tight there text is! I want to see you do that! Oh! And you have to use technology from 2-3 years ago.

If the site really did suck, how come every web surfer and flash drunk knows about the freakn site? Ever thought about that? You think crappy sites get that type of attention? You think crappy sites get Fortune 1000 clients?

You are pretty ignorant to say the 2advanced site sucks.

How about taking a look at what they have been working on this year:
    http://www.turivodka.com/
    http://www.xs-engineering.com/
    http://www.realtybid.com/
    http://www.bacardidj.com/

Stop bashing other designers and start doing some real design work.
    I completely agree, it's old hat bashing 2A.

I think in relation to a great many flash sites out there it's not as cutting edge as some of them but don't lose sight of the fact that this is a corporate site and a great deal of the quality is in the backend of the site.

I love their realtybid site, it's awesome as is the one they did for the hockey team a while back. I did notice however that on the turivodka site they haven't set the bg colour on the index page! Naughty!
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Enough, for god's sakes.

There are 318 threads that mention 2A in the CL alone, an i'll bet you any money 75% go on about how crap they think 2A is.

Honestly, I really don't care anymore what your opinion is; this debate is old, tired and dead.
    Please.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/search...der=descending

Sam

Excuse me, I have every right there is to bash 2a and everything about it. I am also not "ignorant" about 2a, I just think it really is a bad, plain and boringly designed site. I never like it to begin with, but the cool buttons just drew my attention away from the unoriginal layout and dull colors and boring header image. This has nothing to do with me "doing some real work", I am talking about 2advanced, NOT me. Please explain to me what this has to do with me and doing some "real work".
    Last edited by Elite_Flash_man; 11-08-2002 at 02:40 PM.

Didn't I start a thread like this a while ago?

TE

well exactly...
    Sam