A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: propod.com - Fi + 2a

You guys..lol
    This is a fake designed to get a rise from all you folks. I know the person who created this page, He sits next to me in my Lightwave class. He was gonna put a clipart.com logo along with the other 2 just to make it funny.

Hollywood. What did you expect?

so lame.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar

Hmmmm

Originally posted by powerup
    This is a fake designed to get a rise from all you folks. I know the person who created this page, He sits next to me in my Lightwave class. He was gonna put a clipart.com logo along with the other 2 just to make it funny.

1) I do not sit next to you in lightwave class
    2) David Martin doesn't sit next to you in lightwave class
    3) I've never been to clipart.com but maybe David has.

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    Last edited by pixelranger; 11-11-2002 at 05:21 AM.

Pixel Ranger or 2A rip off artist.. whatever you call yourself.

Your one of those that says..."Bigfoot really does exist", keeping that false hope alive. Now I know the truth, we all do now. It's called fishing, and you bit the hook. No need for F.B.I on this one..

Your a faker,Pixel Duplicator.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Bigfoot exists. I played against him in college. He was freaking huge. 6'8" and 320 pounds.

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    Last edited by pixelranger; 11-11-2002 at 06:07 AM.

um so....

I work at F.I.

No, he DOES work at 2A. Nice work Shane.

It really does amaze me, that every, or nearly every thread about 2A or FI just turns into some really stupid and insignifacant thread. I never post in them and just turn a blind eye.

I just find it rather sad.

Does 2A and FI mean SOO much to you guys ?

If they joined forces it does not change anything for me.
    But anyways..combining good artists doesn't mean success.

Me and some other very good artists joined forces and formed "Vision Studio". What happened was everyone had THEY'RE OWN idea on how thing should be... and we ended up as enemies and separated

Originally posted by rugbystud
    No, he DOES work at 2A. Nice work Shane.

It really does amaze me, that every, or nearly every thread about 2A or FI just turns into some really stupid and insignifacant thread. I never post in them and just turn a blind eye.

I just find it rather sad.

Well said there, i made a post a while back, which other most probably took offence to, but it was only because i just think 50% of threads turn into an banter relating 2A. I'ts mainly the "its a rip" ones that anoy me because they have nothing to do with the thread itself. But as this thread is about 2A and FI anyway then i guess it bound to be talked about, and i spoke before thinking this time lol, sorry guys

Anyway, the main reason im posting this is that if Shane works for 2A then can't he shine some light on the subject for us, or are you not suposed to spill the beans and keep the ball rolling lol

"Pssst....you can tell me i won't tell anybody, promise "

Whatever is happening Its 1 hell of a good free advertising idea if you ask me coz it sure got peoples attention.

ehehhehe

i email Fi with this in the body

Whats www.propod.com?

i got this

"
    Sorry, can't talk about that.

/Marcus

Marcus Landström
    CEO

Tel: +46 (0)8 402 43 32
    Cell: +46 (0)733 86 72 76
    "

atleast its not "no comment" or "i don't know what your talking about"

i thought the direct approach would work

Big gulps huh?
    I just thought some of you might like to read this, its a small piece of David Martin's interview with FWA...

"In a few months I will launch www.propod.com (professional platform) which i have been working on since last year. Its a personal project devoted to broadband media and Im pretty excited about it as its for me the next step in creating websites and user interfaces."

and now a piece fom a createonline interview...

"A solution was found though and the have even developed their own technolgy -Propod- to work with Macromedia's tool to "give the site a brain." "Without it Flash sites of this calibre are not possible," says Ostblom. "The Propod technology gives the site a brain that hunts for files that have not been requested by the user.This way there is hardly ever any loading time. When the user enters the site, he/she only needs to load the inteface and the rest then loads in subsequently.

I already told you what it is.

Sometimes flash designers get's a bit too over hmm..how should i say this.. "Over dreamy" about theyre work...

Giving the site it's own brain that hunts the files for you, which then causes hardly any loading time ? .. a bit unrealistic for me... they will probably create a site which will be more like a DVD with high 3D animations, sound etc...

i don't know could be me...
    "look what i found in the source woowie!!"
    let's have a party...
    you like vultures slobbering on a dead man..
    c'mon it's just a splash page..
    PC-system: PC/486, 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Floppy-interface

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    Sometimes flash designers get's a bit too over hmm..how should i say this.. "Over dreamy" about theyre work...

Giving the site it's own brain that hunts the files for you, which then causes hardly any loading time ? .. a bit unrealistic for me... they will probably create a site which will be more like a DVD with high 3D animations, sound etc...

I Guarantee that the file size will be HUGE anyway, so they mide-as well

"A solution was found though and the have even developed their own technolgy -Propod- to work with Macromedia's tool to "give the site a brain." "Without it Flash sites of this calibre are not possible," says Ostblom. "The Propod technology gives the site a brain that hunts for files that have not been requested by the user.This way there is hardly ever any loading time. When the user enters the site, he/she only needs to load the inteface and the rest then loads in subsequently."
    ya its called preloading, almost every site uses it. Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

If what miyagiofflash says is correct, FI and 2A are working to bridge the gap or solve, what I feel, is the last remaining hurdle for Flash website development. If they can give the site a brain so that loading times become nearly nonexistent, it would clear the way for Flash to take over Internet web design, seeing as though loading times have been the leading inhibitor to this point. Having broadband would no longer be an issue, and then designers would be able to focus primarily on content layout, rather than content file size. I am very anxious to see what they come up with and then learning how to do it myself, so I can start making more and more money by utilizing more and more Flash in my websites.

But, again, this is all a big if. I have to be honest, though, this has been a roadblock for Flash development for some time. Without universal and uninhibited and easy access to Flash technology, its growth has been slowed drastically in the past year. Go FI and 2A!

Originally posted by Mar1boro
    ya its called preloading, almost every site uses it. Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.
    Mar1boro, if you think about it, really, preloading is only a temporary solution for the larger problem. Even though we have preloaders to pass the time, optimally, we would want content to come up as soon as humanly possible without the user waiting for it at all. This is what would make this new feature so valuable, if, in fact, this is what they are doing.

Who would have thought... FI and 2a, together.
    currently footerless

give the site a brain? hmm, really?

im sorry to break the excitement, but it doesn't matter how much of a "brain" the site has, cuz once they bloat the site with 10 megs of video rendered navigations and the like, anything below broadband will take forever to load it. and even then broadband will still have to load it.

and perhaps the interview was supposed to be vague, but how is preloading bits and pieces the same as a brain? as said before, its called preloading. even if the user hasn't requested it yet and it preloads automatically, its STILL called preloading.