A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to split Audio and Video from a Stream

How to split Audio and Video from a Stream

hi,

I am very new to FCS. my problem is to broadcast audiostream and videostream of different sources. here its in detail.

SourceA: its FLV having audio and video both.
    SourceB: its Live Stream of Camera and Microphone.

now i want to publish VideoStream of SourceB and AudioStream of SourceA. is it possible? can i swap audio or video streams of these sources on fly while publishing?

thank u so much in adv.

rgds,

Joseph

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey -
    As far as I know, yes. The audio and video streams are recorded seperately I believe.

I'm not sure if your sourceA was recorded in flashcom, but it should still be doable. Just attach the video from one, and the audio from the other?

If you need info on exactly how, let me know!

Psx

i have 11 sources ... 10 are pre-recorded (FLV Files) and the rest is LIVE.

now i want to switch audio and/or video of any source to any with help of radio button. and final output will be broadcasted as live stream.

client will recieve this live stream.

thats it.

thanks for your support and time.

JOSEPH

psx = new Moderator();
    Hmmm... I see what you mean in that that could get tricky.

Can you send me one of the flv's and I'll do what I can to try it. I think I have some ideas, but I don't have access to any flv's that were recorded outside of flashcom.

Psx
    jrobinso@nycap.rr.com

True psychlonex it is possible. I'll give you my slant on it. Whether you have pre-recorded or live audio/video stream you can control each of these the same in respect to audio/video source.

Using the myStream.receiveAudio(receive) code. You can define which stream you want the audio coming from and using the myStream.receiveVideo(receive) code you can control where your video is coming from. You would have to define each of your videos as a NetStream object to obtain this functionality. You would mearly turn on or off the audio/video of each object.

Keeping in mind that the objects must be tied to a video instance on the stage.
    Jake Hilton