A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: illegal operation.... PLEASE! Arghh!

illegal operation.... PLEASE! Arghh!

Hey all... maybe someone else knows what's going on here... and could give me a clue?

I keep getting the "illegal operation" notification "FLASH caused an exception 10H in module FLASH.EXE at 017f:004567be" everytime I try to test my movie and I don't know what to do about it anymore!

I've done it all (well, ok, not literally... if I had it wouldn't be happening... I know.. but I've done all that I can think of!). I'm on a PC in Windows 98 second edition...

In order to fix this problem I have rebooted, reinstalled, tried to test new little movies to see if my files were corrupted.. I can't think of what else to do... I've turned of video acceleration which helped when I had this problem 6 months ago.. but now it doesn't make any difference at all!

If you are smarter than I am with this program (which is very possible!), maybe you can give me some insight? Humm?

Can or can't, thanks for looking...

> Learning In Progress <
    Sorry to hear that you are having problem...

I'd call Macromedia with the error message you got... They might be able to do something for you... Hopefully...