A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making a skinnable scheduler for Tablet PC

Making a skinnable scheduler for Tablet PC

I am working on a project.

My first goal is to make an agenda, an organizer, a scheduler into which the user will be able to type information about appointments, deadlines, and contacts.
    For this I will need to know how to make an SWF extract information about dates from the user’s computer. I will also need to know hot to save data entered into the SWF.
    Please see this picture for more information:

(The design is copied from my school agenda, the final product will look differently)
    The problem with the first goal is that I don’t know how to do all this.

My second goal is to make the program skinnable.
    I want it to load SWF movies, or graphics into itself.
    See this picture for more information:

Note: I already know that loading an SWF into another SWF is possible
    The completion of this goal is not mandatory, I know that it will make the program much more complicated and harder to make and modify, but if this is possible, then I’ll probably do it after I am finished with goals 1 and 3.

My third goal, which in fact is a part of the whole concept, is to make the program easy to use on a Tablet PC. This will include making it adjustable to both landscape and portrait use of the screen.
    The program will be used on a Tablet’s desktop (the part where My Computer, My Documents, and My Network Places icons reside). It will be a webpage with the SWF file in it.

It might be possible to do all this easier and more efficient in a programming language. I don’t know. If it is, please tell me.
    Note: This program does not have to be used on the Internet. Languages not supported on-line can be used.

This will be a complicated and sophisticated project for me, any help or suggestions are welcome.

This is not a commercial project. I am doing this for myself. The source file(s) will be given away for public use.

Exactly what help is needed

I need help with:
    1. extracting date info from the user's machine.
    2. saving text into a PHP (or maybe something else, whatever works best)

And, of course, any suggestions on how to improve this idea are always welcome.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Digital Ink in an SWF on a Tablet PC (or a Mac Tablet, for that matter).
    See: Point #7 of Top 10 Benefits of Tablet PC. It talks about integrating pen and ink capabilities into new applications.
    Last edited by Holy inquisitor; 11-10-2002 at 06:42 PM.

[Problem Resolved]

TEMP
    Last edited by Holy inquisitor; 11-14-2002 at 10:11 PM.