A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simplicity. Best use of white space. Recommend.

Threaded View

Simplicity. Best use of white space. Recommend.

Hey all, can I get some recommendations of some great flash sites which are really simple and clean, but work well. They can be still be slick in terms of animation but the design has to be really clean and simple. 'White Space' is what I'm looking for. Well, it doesn't have to be white, but I like the idea of emptiness. You don't always have to fill up every single available space in your layouts. By leaving whites space, you are allowing your designs much needed breathing room which is a good thing. I'm not after the cleanliness associated with alot of corporate sites like apple and even the very minimilistic miniml.com. Although I like Miniml.com, it's not quite my cup of tea. What I'm after is slickness shown through simplicity. To give you an idea of what I mean, here are some sites to get the list started. Please add to it:

Dennis Interactive
    (Nothing beats this in terms of simplicity and slick animation. Unfortunately they're out of business now)

www.fido.se
    (this is a pretty cool site. Nice clean design. Still not the best example of using white space, but I like it)

www.neostream.com (Version 1)
    Great site. Very simple, but the transitions really give it life. Their new site is looking promising as well. Can't wait to see the finished result.

That's all I can think of. Now it's your turn.

Last edited by DjBobo; 11-14-2002 at 12:50 AM.