A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AVCqueue

AVCqueue

Has any one built or heard of an extension or feature of the flashCom Component Framework that does something similar to this:

A synchronous queue manager that manages user application presenses based on unique logged in session user identification. An example use for such a extension to the FCframework would be to limit specific user functionality such as AVPresense based on component parameters such as queued interval session or moderated access to shared objects.

Or to further explain:
    Users log into the application and are assigned a unique uid which are in turn added to the queue server (either upon entry or upon request). The queue server manages the uid's based on moderated presets that could allow a timed interval to assign a uid to have access to a global FCAVPresense (which in turn the client component could be listening for). When interval times out or user chooses to discard connection the queue manager listener is informed on presumes to the next queue.

If any one is interested in building such an extension with me or knows of any usefull information please let me know.

--------
    Tim Katz
    jid: dyode@timkatz.com
    aim: dy0de
    msn: tim_katz@hotmail.com

psx = new Moderator();
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I think I have an idea...

It sounds like you want a single avPresence on the stage, and the users line up to broadcast? So when a user connects or requests to be able to broadcast, they are put into place in the queue, and when it's their turn, they get to broadcast?

If that is the case, I think it's definitely doable. I don't quite get what you mean about the moderation stuff?

Let me know if any of that is close to what you're thinking! I'm just getting into the component framework... some amazingly cool code in there, though it's taken a bit of time to wrap my head around it.

Psx

yea thats pretty much the concept...a line queue module. I guess this could be built as a component that interacts with the FCframework/components such as AVPresense etc. The moderation features are just an added extra level that would allow a defined administrator live capabilities to modify the queue ie: move/add/delete users in the queue etc.

by your description sounds like you could do it pretty easily. that is you seem to know the steps involved so coding it wouldnt be too hard.