A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text Flow Component being released

Text Flow Component being released

Keep an eye out for a new component being released on the Macromedia Exchange and on FlashComponents.net -- the component is called the TextFlow component and can be used to flow text around buttons, movie clips and text fields. In addition, text will flow between textFlow components and will work with both static and dynamic text.

For an example, go to www.architekture.com/example_textflow.html

We're quite excited about this component because we've been able to use it to do some pretty phenomenal layouts (if you go to www.architekture.com and browse around, every single screen that you see is using this component in varying ways, and all of the content on our site is database-driven).

We'd love to find a highly visible place to publish articles on how to maximize use of this component -- let me know if you know of any individuals to contact.

Also, we'd love to help other companies actually deploy this type of content-publishing technologies, so please contact me directly if you have a client that would be interested in powerful dynamic type layouts. (720) 236-3650

Thanks a ton and I hope that everyone enjoys the component
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www.architekture.com/misc/ae_siganture.swf[/swf]Architekture.com information architecture, development and design
    -- specializing in collaborative technologies and data visualization --

nice site and great component design. one prob with your site...i get a database error when i click on the main icon.

The Minister of No Crap

Wow. This takes care of a key piece of functionality that was missing in Flash MX. Keep us posted as to when it is released.

Scott