A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fine I'll do it! New 2a site.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    Sweet!

ehm hehe.. can't we just review the site instead of arguing ?

Site works.. nice layout and colors ! Well done

ohhh!

At last! My greatest invention is completed! A machine that'll suck the talent and skills out from all you dumb web designers and fill my jealous mind up with skillZ!

Now then, I got some fresh, warm, chocolaty cookies, feel free to drop by everyone! /me hides behind bushes

True, but if your going to bad mouth a peice of art you should be talking from a posistion of experince and intlect. I've seen artists bad mouth art, its usually the losers who can't design them selves into a golden web award!

opinions are like a$$holes, eveyones got one
    But a least I don't copy others work.
    look at your intro a$$hole

wow...the language,..and name calling? Geez...

I would have to agree...if you can NOT reproduce (NOT copy...but equally as impressive) great sites like the ones you mock or degrade..then your opinion (which you are entitled to) has less weight and value.

-whispers-

my previous post above was in responde to juxtaman post.
    How can he say sometthing like that, if he is just a copycat.
    Compare if you want:

http://www.swift3d.com/extreme/ringz.asp

juxtamanpresentations

Originally posted by utopia_digital
    Compare if you want:

juxtamanpresentations
    oh wow..i usally dont get caught up in this but...wow lol...u sure he didnt make that for swift 3d too?.....if not...this aint good.

this thread is def getting of topic so est thing to do is close it if u want people.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Geez.... I won't bother commenting on the site - there's plenty of those to go around a few times - but I will say that some people either need to chill out or grow up.

Face facts: people are going to have different opinions than yours, for your entire life and about anything and everything. That's life, and if you're going to get all hot and bothered about it on a message board about someone else's work then I pity you in real life when everyone doesn't agree with every word you mutter.

You've got a hard life ahead of you...
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by utopia_digital
    Compare if you want:

juxtamanpresentations
    wow, that's pretty .. um. well. i don't know really. it's...
    it's... too bad! i was really impressed by the intro and wondered, why would he show his url all the way through the intro. now i know...
    really, too bad.

anyway. pixelranger, great site, as usual. good job on that rocket! maybe i'll dig into 3Dmax, when i get the time.

yeah ur right davo....well i mean every single person should not have to praise a site just because its 2A "wow"... seems like if one person make criticism on the site even if its not constructive, your doing wrong....you just cant handle critism to your site, u want every comment to be good, but thats not how its gonna be. yeah of course theres gonna be those idiots who dont even check out the site an criticize it with blunt stupid remarks, either cause they hate 2a or jealously i dunno really. but you could tell that if the read "new 2a site" in subject their plan is to say somthing bad about it every single time which is just stupid. But if someone cant handle REAL cirtism towards a site, theres no point of posting at this board or WH cause its just gonna make things worse. I mean movies have critics, painitngs and so on...if i go to a movie and i dont like it, doesnt have to mean i know alot about the business and expertise in the movie business. Im just a regular person that can have criticsm towards that movie talk with my friends about how i didnt like it. Same goes for a website, i believe you do knot need alot of knowled to know if you like a site or not thats BS really. I mean the target audience most definitly does'nt have known knowledge of flash and how to create a site like that and they can critcize the site to make it how they want right?. if people critism your site dont take it to the heart, we know u spent long days on a site, sweating over it, but people dont could care less and thats how life is. People have opinons and its not considered bashin IMO, its just they check the site and dont like it and they gonna post "I DONT LIKE IT". Im sorry but everyone is not gonna revolve around a world of praise. if someone cant handle cristism in this field, you got a ruff career ahead.

thats my 2 cents..
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

I think most people are NOT understading. Nobody says you have to like the site..the style the colors..anything that is 'cosmetic' (for lack of a better word)..that is all personal tatse....but all being FLASH designers here...you HAVE TO appreciate the quality of the site.
    The AS and backend stuff is GREAT..the site plays smooth and fluidly. I think a better way of expressing that one does NOT like the site (or any site from 2A) would be to say: Great site,...but NOT my style....or....Technically the site is nice, but I just would have chose to present it this way, or that way..

There is a reason that 2A is always used as case studdies or asked to write sections in FLASH books....because they are skilled....maybe not your 'style'...but you can not deny talent.

-whispers-

well spoken...

Originally posted by diffuser
    well spoken...
    PC-system: PC/486, 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Floppy-interface

Hmmm .... I like it ...
    the 3d rocket also ..

but ...

when I first opened the website .... i saw the almost the same colours/animations like with that race cars ( same style ) ....

but it's still a nice website ...
    Life is an X-periment , so sit back and enjoy !!!

God is real ... unless declared int.

http://www.leihitu.nl

As good as 2a stuff is, most of it looks the same and I dont even raise an eyebrow anymore. Theory7 and FI are my gods of flash
    He was just a normal man 'till this cheeky little hormone called testosterone kicked in
    http://www.xtcf.com

Nice work Shane and 2Advanced. You guys have really settled into a design pattern that works for you and your clients! More than most small web design companies. Keep up the good work. Folks, I gave up fighting the 2Advanced attackers months ago. It will get you nowhere here. Simply post your opinion of the site and move on.

Originally posted by whispers
    but all being FLASH designers here...you HAVE TO appreciate the quality of the site.

The AS and backend stuff is GREAT..the site plays smooth and fluidly. I think a better way of expressing that one does NOT like the site (or any site from 2A) would be to say: Great site,...but NOT my style....or....Technically the site is nice, but I just would have chose to present it this way, or that way..
    I would think that as a professional Flash designer I could always find something to criticize and improve on - for 2A sites, my own sites, or anyone else's site.

That's the point, we're critiquing (sp?) the site, and part of critiquing anything is commenting on what you don't like about something, or what could be improved - if you have an opinion on that.

As to your "the AS and backend stuff is GREAT" --> How do you know?

Have you seen the source code? Have you seen the database? I mean, I'm sure it is, but to state catergorically that it is without seeing it for yourself, well, that's a less professional critique than someone saying they don't like the site.

Basically what I'm saying that if you are talking on a professional level - which we should be if you want to criticise another designer's opinion - then any opinion (excepting the obvious flames, though even flamers may have a point somewhere in their tirade) is as valid as anyone else's. And everyone has a different way of expressing that opinion.

Deal with it peoples, and talk about the site rather than other people's opinions. I'm sure 2A would appreciate that more, and I know most of us would too.

Cheers
    Dave
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

encylopedia

The animation is flawless and smooth. The overall appearance looks like an encyclopedia drawing or something.

Is that bad? dunno.

I always like to argue about whether the design is able to tell a convincing story. Can it sell something?

Are you guys sold on space exploration technologies after viewing this site?
    What the heck is vB code?

space X

Nice Work Shawn. I really like your clear and futuristic style and the way you use colors.
    XS-engineering is one of the best sites 2A has done. Respect.

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    I prefer looking at sites that present a product other than designer's sites, and this is a good example. So, putting myself in the shoes of an aerospace guru, would I dig this site? Would I feel confident, based on the technical proficiency and vibe of the site, that this company can successfully toss my company's half-billion dollar satellite into orbit for me?

I'd say yes, good site.