dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button

Button

When I paste a button inside a movie clip .. how come it doesn't work ?? did I miss out on something ?? one more thing is that ... When a user roll over my button .. the button would be animate to open and it's around 15 frames ... so when the user roll out the button would animate to its first position .. but wat I worry is wat happens if while halfway the button aimate ..and the user roll out .. how do I go about his ? do I use labels ??
    Last edited by doran_lum; 11-15-2002 at 08:33 PM.

u can use action script that will tell the movie to continue playing untill it finish, and then if the user already roolout, go to rollout position
    mey the swartz be with you

http://www.amirlotan.com

If the button is in a movie clip, I expect it is not working because the paths the actions on the button uses are now wrong. Eg

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }

will do the gotoAndPlay(2) on the timeline the button is currently contained in. To get it to target the main timeline from within a movie clip you can use

on (release) {
    _root.gotoAndPlay(2);
    }

thanks .. but then about the roll over and roll out ... is it best to use labels ?? I dun think going from scene to scene would be good ...

Sorry .. I just try out the button.. it did work for frame to fram .. but wat about scene to another scene ?? it doesn't seem to work ...

To change scenes you need to put a frame label on the first frame of the scene you want to goto and then use

_root.gotoAndPlay("frameLabelName");

as the action tiggered by your mouse event.

I wanna ask for example my flash is full screen ... and if the user wans to quit I wan to let the user press a button to quit .. is it using the key.escape ??

Alt + F4 will close the window, you can also make a button to do it though, if you are making a projector file

on (release) { // or on some key press, whatever
    fscommand("quit");
    }

or in an html page

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:parent.close();");
    }