A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: trying to print word doc through flash MX-please help-really must finish this project

trying to print word doc through flash MX-please help-really must finish this project

Please, if you have any ideas respond, and if you know this is impossible let me know as well! (flash MX)

how or movie is set up, the movie and a directory of word docs are on a cd in the same directory. Therefore, in the published movie, i want to press my button, and have the actionscript written so that it will automatically open the word doc and print without haveing to mess with the word doc at all. I just want the button to execute everything without having to manually hit print in word once it opens. I thought about using a shell command, but i am not sure if that is executable in flash mx actionscript. Please! if you have any ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    If it is a projector you are making, try SWF Studio. It will allow you to do exactly what you need with the command:
    Code:
    fscommand("SHELLPRINT", "filename.doc");
    If it is for the web, i'm afraid your out of luck.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Hi, schmitga.
    Have you ever tried the way offered by jason? Did it work? I wonder whether it can be helpe by some professional
    Word document Editors? You can google it and select a fine Word document SDK whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related Word printing work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron