A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Transarent Backround

Transarent Backround

there has GOT to be a way to get a transparent backround..can you tell me how?

hi
    there is. pls see my answer here http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=393123

may i suggest that you do a search first in future. quite a lot of our probs are already solved by others, and they are found in this forum.

shout if you need other help,k?

have fun swishing

sorry.. I was just lookin for a quick answer and didn't even think to search.......sorry

no, prob we all make mistakes when we are frustrated.

Ok it worked...but this brings me to a bigger problem. Ok...Here is what i'm doing...and what i want to do:
    First...i am using Flash and Swish and all this stuff to make a lower 3rd on a video..so i am NOT USING HTML!!! Now..what i want to do is on a lower 3rd of the screen, a box come up with some neat affects that come in and stuff...I understand how to make the backround transparent for HTML..but is it possible to make it transparent on the .swf? I am importing the .swf directly into my program (Final Cut Pro 3)..any ideaz?

umm

all this other stuff 3d video
    Is that going to be on a lower z level?

and what format are we talking about here?

Because your not going to be able to load a video format (avi, mpeg, real, etc) below an swf

i don't know....I use Final Cut Pro..and i can import .swf's into it and it will play it. I am wanting to put a .swf animation in it, but i don't want a solid colored backround on the .swf. I want a transparent backround. make sence?