A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hold on a second (was: Is this a Pixelranger...)

Hold on a second (was: Is this a Pixelranger...)

No a$$ is going to slander me and then close the forum before anyone can respond. Sometimes, I think this site is full of 14 year olds.

I did not make the Legacy of Kain site. I don't speak in french. After looking at it a bit more, it probably was a rip. Try a "whois" search and find out who-what-where-when-why.

2ndly, the Amyzworld.com site (which is being redesigned all in html anyway if you didn't read the site) was not done by myself. I actually have no claim to the site as the girl who runs it wanted that look, it was done, now she wants another one.

I'm not sure how much more I'm going to be checking out this site. It seems to be a place for people to run their mouths, make a bunch of insulting remarks and acusations, and then close the thread before anyone can respond.

And I've seen all of your work. NONE of it is all that original, for those who DO put a link up. Half of the clowns don't even do that yet talk out their a$$ all day.

Whoever thinks that was my site, you're a paranoid idiot. "Don't post your own site up, it's lame". No, what's lame is you ASSuming something that's WRONG.

If this is how things go here, suck a left one. FlashDevils is better anyway.

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    hehehehe, see wot u done jammy!!!

Thanks. I'll probably get kicked off this thing now. Admins don't usually like it when you call them on shiznit. But oh well. I wasn't getting much help from this site.

I've asked a few people to help me with my first full FLASH site and all I got was negative, self serving crap and bitter arguments between other people over my site that they didn't even design.

Then, this thing. It just about annoys the crap out of me now.

Like I said, if this is what FlashKit is all about, forget it.

Oh yeah, and check out some more of my original work! I'm not saying I'm the best in the world like some of the dorks on here, but I am saying I have a thimble-full of talent.

Originally posted by lady bring
    best post ever!
    *cough* not really *cough*

See what I mean? You can't even compliment a post without someone saying something smart a$$ and negative!

ok gonads.. that's enuff already.
    this is gonna be closed anyway..
    nice piece villain2...
    maybe we do a PS battle in the near future.

keep on harpin'
    Last edited by Budget Nudist; 11-19-2002 at 03:58 PM.
    PC-system: PC/486, 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Floppy-interface

Flashkit's Cheerbud LEXGRAPHICS's Avatar

hey villain2

look if you cant take constructive criticism than why do u post a link to your site?

first of all i think its ok. you got the skills but you are overusing animations which take away from your design. they distract the users eye.

second try to keep the colors uniform dude. all those color shifts arent really that great. you should try something called branding or image, something or colors that represent your site. variety is sometimes not good.

and it really ticked me off that you got pissed about what they said of your site, but think about it...you were the one that posted it right? so prepare for the consequences, remember, most of the people that will talk trash are really comparing it with like 2a or fi or whoswe or pixelranger or some of that sort which shouldnt be, i think sites shouldnt be compared but studied as a whole because if you compare? which one is the standard? what makes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

peace.

check out my unfinished portfolio.
    http://stu.aii.edu/~am0935/new

Yes, you're right. It's good while it lasts.

I look forward to a battle possibly. We'll see.

by the way..............

.............. that peice for linear capsule has got to be inspired from many bg's that ive seen... i think its simple and boring personally. not very original or eye catchy. try some 3d maybe

oh ok!

ok that linear nature i like i can see some originality. i like!

Hey,
    I wasn't mad about site critiques of AOE D-Studio (I've decided to leave it as is until I redesign it. I don't see too much wrong with color shifts. I agree there may be too much animation though).

I was mad because someone said that some Legacy of Kain site (which rips PixelRanger's home page and 2A's interface and frames background) was actually mine, insulted me and then the admin insulted me and closed the topic without letting me defend myself.

then, someone claimed a site that one of my co-workers did for Amyzworld.com was an intentional rip where the girl wanted the site to look like another site.

as for my wallpapers, I like all of 'em. Linear Capsule seems to be everyone's favorite. I said I'm not the best designer in the world, but I have a thimble full of talent at least.

This one I don't like too much. Last one:

UNified

Yep

I said I'm not the best designer in the world, but I have a thimble full of talent at least.
    And a certain talent for "self promotion"

John

You forgot the word "shameless".

You damn right! Viva La Promotion!

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Ok..I'm lost. WTF just happened?

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com

Originally posted by pixelranger
    Ok..I'm lost. WTF just happened?

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    same! EXACTLY the same! first he starts talking about you and then he goes off and says something else? I'm totally confused here!
    now what the hell is happening here anyway? this guy is posting work by him or something like that...ummm...yeah I'm going to move this to design and graphics.
    any qualms...email me.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    AHAHAHAHAH A HA HA HA HAA H

Yah..i saw that site a month ago when someone e-mailed me about it.

HAHAH AH AH

No comment. LOL

- Chewman...look further down in the Coolsites section posts..there was a thread started and stopped by Aversion.

I found this Legacy of Kain site doing a search on Yahoo. I looked at it and it was strikingly familiar to PixelRanger. Then, the 2A current frames background is duplicated (different color) and some other elements are used.

Then, two people said I MADE this site, which I didn't. Then attacked some other stuff I did (that I didn't design either).

That's how this thread came about.

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    *YAWN* this getting boring now...villian i think u made ur point that u didnt make that crappy site

Originally posted by Barefoot Kid
    *YAWN* this getting boring now...villian i think u made ur point that u didnt make that crappy site
    shut up mate...I was asking him a question...well indirectly and so he answered for me.