A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3dsmax Exporting W/swift3d Plug In Help

3dsmax Exporting W/swift3d Plug In Help

HI EVERY ONE... I NEED SOME URGENT HELP... I AM CONTINUING A WORK THAT A DESIGNER DIDNT FINISHED.. I HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH THIS FILE http://www.geocities.com/draco4u/logooro.html SO HERE IS THE PROBLEM, SINCE I AM A COMPLETE NOOB IN 3DS MAX, I NEED TO EXPORT THAT FILE IN SWF FORMAT, I HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH THE SWIFT 3D MAX PLUG IN SO I CAN EXPORT THE ANIMATION TO FLASH ANIM... BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I RENDER THE FILE USING THE PLUG IN AND MAKING THE OUTPUT SWF IT MAKES A 24Mb FILE!!! AND ITS A SIMPLE 50 FRAMES ANIM!! SO IT WOULD BE VERY VERY WELL APRICIATED ANY HELP REGARDING THIS PROBLEM... IF ANY1 OUT THERE HAS SOME TIME TO KILL MAYBE U CAN MAKE THE EXPORT THING 4 ME PLEASE!

IF SOME1 WANTS TO MAKE THE EXPORT SEND THE SWF FILE TO andres@internet-en-mexico.com

thank u for the help =)

cya later
    Andrés (draco or adacorp)
    peace.

Ps. contact me at icq: 14054044 or MSN draco4u@hotmail.com thanx

what are your render settings?
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

I´ll take a crack at it

sex, drugs and actionscript...
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

whoa, who did this. The animation sucks. Is it just supposed to wobble like that or is it suppose to revolve and the 3d guy just forgot to fix the functions in track view. Also. This thing is kinda high poly, so it´s not surprising that the overall .swf file was that big. Also how do you want this, wireframe, flat, flat shaded or with highlights and everything? You gotta be a bit more specific.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

1st of all.. tahk u very much for your help... well idont know eather who did that... that designer must be some kind of a newb i suppose for what u said...

well i need to make that 3d logo spins tilding from rigth to left.. just as it looks at the 3d max file... about the output format.. it would be geat if u can make a swf that looks very similar of the original file with shadows if u can.. i dont know what means wireframe and thoose words.. hehe. flat means no 3d?

well... i will wait 4 your reply

BTW.. YOUR WEBSITE KICK ASS!!!! it must be one of the BEST interfaces i have ever seen.. seriusly.. WOAH!! congrats

peace...

Thanks for the compliment.

If you want shadows and textures this thing´s gonna be huge. I´ll re-animate the file so that it spins like you said from right to left.

Wireframe is basically a wiremesh of the object.

I´ll let you know when this is done. Shouldn´t take too long.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

wow TAHNX !!!

YEAH FORGET THE SHADOWS U ARE THE EXPERT

BTW.... SO SAD U HAVENT UPLOAD YOUR DRAWINGS ON GRAPHICS SECTION... WOW I LOVED 2 OF THEM.. LET ME KNOW WHENU DO THAT... SO KOOL..

ANOTHER THING... GREAT MUSIC ON YOUR SITE... I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE TARACK 1 FOR ABOUT 10 MINS HEHE KOOL

CONTACT ME AT MSN
    draco4u@hotmail.com
    is u like to chat =)

cya
    peace

Thanks, I track one is a remix I made from the theme to the movie: Ghost in a Shell.

Track 2 is just some stuff I threw together and track 3 is actually by aphrodite I think. I´ve been meaning to switch that out for one of my own.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

Well it´s ready, I got it down to 758K with slight shadows, I think we need to skip the shadows all together. That way it might go as low as 500K but the polygon count in this thing is way to high, around 31'000. This thing will never go below 500K.

Let me know what you think. I´m sending you the file right now.

What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

I will be here until u post a reply.. im refreshing the page every 5 mins.. meanwhile im taking a look at sexylosers.com haha great comics!

dude, I allready did, didn´t you get my e-mail?

Do you want me to change the colors. The edge of the logo, the edtruded one is really what´s causing the huge filesise. If I were to take the edge out, we could squeese this sucker down.

What do you think?
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

what about using the multires modifier by pulling out un-necissary polygons while still keeping its shape
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

It´s not that, the model has a circle lofted along a path around the flat logo which creates a smooth blown out edge along the entire rim of the (rather complex to begin with) logo. If this were to be taken out the polygon count would probably drop down from 31'000 to around 1'000. Which would mean that the .swf file could be shrunk considerably. Resulting in faster download for the user. Which should be a consern because 500-700k for a revolving logo is just way too much.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

doh!.. not refreshing fast enought tho! hehe

wow looks great =) thanx

well if u say that shadows will make the file smaller lets do it...

i ment shadows like "cast shadow" if thats a valid term

another thing.. the back ground instead of white i need it green #003300 hex nip... if possible please..... thanx

i have other files of the logo in 3d max... may be one of them could bring the file size smaller...

i got one only in wireframe, and 2 other high poli..let me know if u want them =)

you realise that when rendering to swf vectors that the picture map on the logo won't be there
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

hold on, I´ll send you another one in 5-10 mins without the rim. You don´t have to get the background color in this. Instead put this into a movie clip and put that ontop of the background than you´ll get your green backdrop. Either that or load the whole thing in on a seperate movie level.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

vatcher: yes I realise that but the picture is very similar to a procedural texture and it can easily be simulated. Although I think It would be better to just use a plain color logo.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk

for what i understood the circle is making the file huge right? if thats the problem i have this idea:

maybe u can delete it.. and i will make a circle in swift 3d... and then mask them in dreamwaver since the export of swift 3d make transparency...

about the edges.. make it at your own style =)

nonono, the sircle isn´t so big. It´s the edge running along the rim of the logo. I took that out and it went from 31'000 poligons (sections) down to about 5'000 poligons. I'm rendering it out now without the rim. It should be soon and then I'll send it to you.

I´ve gotta run, I´ve got some stuff to take care of. But I´ll be back in about 20-30 mins. The thing should be rendered and ready by the time I get back.
    What more do you need?

www.thedose.dk