A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: menu problems

menu problems

I have a simple movie with two bits of text and three menu options on it.

it works fine, but...

When I play this movie as part of my main movie, only the text appears - not the menu options!

Why are these missing when its part of another movie?

Cheers,

Martin@iwari.com

Arem

help maybe

Ok......

I'm not sure by the way you described your problem but... One suggestion I have is to open up the menu properties and click build menu.

Also, check to see if it's "scheduled" to show any time during the movie or if it's hidden. (the little smile thing next to the menu, if it's pressed down then it should show, if it's not, check to see that it's told to show sometime during the movie.)

If that doesn't help then maybe try putting in a little more detail and I'll see what I can do!

DManPfeif

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at the menu options.

What I really don't understand is:

in the menu movie the menu is always visible - there are no hide actions.

But when its played in the main movie the menu fails to appear (only the text that accompanies it shows up)...

I've also found that setting the 'show at start of movie' icon to OFF stopped some of my menus from appearing later - even when later events Showed them! I had to leave the 'show at start' icons set to ON and put a HIDE menu event at the start of the movie!

I love 3DFA for the ease with which it is possible to do great effects, but it drives me to despair sometimes, as the logic seems to be inconsistent. I'm sure there is a reason for my menus inconsistent behaviour...anyone else know?

If anyone wants to look at the movie (its not too big), email me and I'll send it to you.

martin@iwari.com

you don't have to despair.
    every prog has its problems, but my experience says that mostly it's MY fault. there are little things i haven't seen.
    so keep on trying ;-)
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch

The problem is 'SHOW AT START OF MOVIE'.

with this set to ON, the menu appears and works fine.

If I set SHOW AT START to OFF (because I want the menu to appear after an intro)the menu movie will not appear later, either by showing with a transition or placing it - the menu fails to appear!

What's going on?

martin@iwari.com

PLACE ELEMENT will show the 'hidden at start menu' if I move it to near the beginning of my events list, but anywhere past the third event and it fails to work. Why should it change its behaviour just because of the order in which it is placed?

hey, if you wish send me the movie-file and i will have a look.
    i haven't ever had such a prob.
    do you have the newest version?

chriegszocker@gmx.ch
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch

Thanks for your helpful email.

I've found I can get the menu to appear if I turn off the animation style 'fade' setting for the menu. Is this a bug?

Originally posted by martin wheeler
    Thanks for your helpful email.

I've found I can get the menu to appear if I turn off the animation style 'fade' setting for the menu. Is this a bug?
    Sounds like it is. Send report to support.