A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoalbum action script

Photoalbum action script

Can anyone help me on this? I am very new to flash. I am trying to make a photo album which my friends will visit and choose which picture they would like me to develop.

I have use flash templates for the pictures so far. But I need to modified it to have a area which visitor will put an “checked” option. When they checked it, it means they would like me to develop a hardcopy for them. So meaning flash would compile it and send it to my email or database like excel form.

Please check the file here: www.tanglongcup.com/kk/Untitled-1.html
    This is the FLA file: www.tanglongcup.com/kk/Untitled-1.fla

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

No one can help me on this? If its impossible, please tell me.
    thanks

Anyone?

I just need direction to get this thing done

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Hi there

I'm thinking of many ways to do this.

the easiest yet the longest would be to make several variables which will contain the checked images and finally when you press a submit button , a form will send you an e-mail containing those variables

for the variables part, make some empty movieClips and store your variables in them, and place them on your main timeline so they are accessible from anywhere in your movie, as for the check box part it could be either a real check box component from flash MX components, or an emulator with flash 4 or 5, in both cases it will change a variable in the container movieClips , like add the name of the image for instance, then for the e-mail part, this should involve either heavy scripting to send it to your e-mail directly without any 3rd party s/w, like Outlook express and the like, you might want to look up some PHP tutorials, or you can simply depend on the client's s/w that's installed on his pc, like when I finally press a submit button, it'll open my outlook Express and send an e-mail

hope that helped
    Last edited by el-Ignoramus; 11-24-2002 at 07:02 AM.