A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash website schematic

Talking

I went to a Macromedia web publishing seminar and witnessed a presentation of a web-site schematic. Very cool stuff.
    One could click on a page-thumbnail and have the page expand to a full sized page. Upon a second mouse click on the enlarged page (If I recall correctly)-the full size version would revert to thumbnail.
    I would like to learn to do this. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks all.
    Mark

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

If they were using Flash they may have used screen captures of the pages. then they just imported them into movie clips with the screen capture as an object that acts as a button so when you click on it, it enlarges, and vice versa. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

I was hoping you would answer Pope!
    I understand what you are suggesting and that is the method that I was originally thinking. I left out one piece of info for you though. The full-sized pages looked to be flash generated/or Illustrator/Freehand documents-not screen captures of HTML pages. What I'm not clear on is how does one make the movie clip enlarge on the button action.
    I do understand the concept of button objects and movie clips. Any hints on the enlarging/shrinking part?-Thank-you
    BTW--I'm making my first flash banner today-I was inspired by your excellent alien banner!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

The easy thing to do is just bring your art work in to a new movie clip.

Create a graphic out of your art work.

In the first frame put a stop action. Now make the object the size you want the thumbnail to be on the main page. Center it to the page using the align commands. use Control+k. Now go about 7 frames make a key frame. do the same thing again another 7 or so frames.

Now go to the middle key frame and enlarge the object to the size you want. center it using the align commands. Now put a stop action in the middle key frame. Put a tween action of motion between the first key frame and the middle keyframe and then from the middle to the last.

Now go to the first key frame double click on the object and change itsm attributes from a graphic to a button. Your not making it a true button but it will act as one. It will not have an over, down, hit state that can be changed but will work. Do the same thing in the middle keyframe.

Now add the action to the first object button:

On (Press)
    Go to and Play (2)
    End On

Do the same thing for the enlarged object but changing the frame to the appropriate one.

Now just drag your movie clip onto the stage where you want it.

You can ensure that all the other clips will look the same by coping the movie clip and changing the object (page) this will speed up your production time and keep the sizes right.

If you have any questions please call on me again. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.