A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my game, my animations, test the beta

my game, my animations, test the beta

here test my game. it has my own homemade animations...its my first game ive ever made...its nowhere close to being done. give any suggestions you have here, and if you have any useful sprites you should post them here for me, thank you...

...link?

lol! i used to think people who forgot the link were so stupid. jeez my bad...

http://www.geocities.com/fivehitcombo

FK's Official A&A Addict
    uhm the movie doesn't want to load is it a yahoo thing or something?

seems to work ok....
    couple of sugestions....
    you can actually shoot the same guy about 100 times and juggle his body... don't know if u want to keep this in.... could effect scoring later....
    you may also want to have a blood splat appear when u are hit.... or maybe and make it more visible when thee other people are hit... e.g their head explodes or something..
    i actually made a game just like this a few years ago, but mine had ninjas in it

FK's Official A&A Addict
    it's pretty cool, though they don't miss maybe making a random miss is good.

maybe making the screen red when the bullet hits is nice too. try a scrolling screen could be fun

anyway nice work. it's a good step to a great game :P

when your health drops the screen goes red...thats a good idea, like in counter-strike. i think im gonna do that. i fixed the "juggling" so the scoring will be fine once i get to it. about their heads exploding when you shoot them, how would i go about doin that? i can make the animation but im really not sure how u would do it.instead of a scrolling screen im gonna make a whole new level in the next one. and in the distance, you can see a different scene, and the you will zoom into it(probably after a certain score triggers it), and voila! you are in the 2nd level, and so on.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    make a exploding head symbol put it into the whole character symbol from frames x to y
    use the frames before x for the firing the gun animation, now say when the character is hit in the head goto frame x. make sure that
    frame x-1 is a loopback to frame 1 otherwise you'll get funny actions
    of characters shooting and then having their heads explode.

hope that helps

oh wait, thats what i did already, i just gotta change the death animation...silly me.

does anyone want to help with the background? if so tell me, and make sure to put each object in a different layer. im going to start on a background right now, but i really dont know if i am any good, so we'll see. did anyone like the boxes i did? bc i thought they were decent.