A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Recording Devices problem

Recording Devices problem

Hi,
    I am not using Flash Com Server but ran into a microphone problem and was wondering if anyone can help.

in the application I am working on the users can record they're own voices and then listen to them. the voice recording is being done locally by a DLL that is installed on the user's machine and being called from the Flash interface using JS, the DLL is using Windows Sound Recorder. the customer wishes to have another feature, while the recording is being done a sound wave graph will represent the users voice, just like in a recording studio. I found out this can be done using the microphone() object and made something very similar to this component: http://www.arckid.com/fmx/arcMicGraph/demo

the thing really looked good, the only problem was that as I suspected both the Microphone() object and the recording DLL could not be used at the same time. when I open the page I can see the graph working but when I press the recording button I get a windows error message:
    All wave devices that can record files in the current format are in use. Wait until a wave device is free and the try again
    any ideas, solutions ?

Thanks.

not an answer and a bit late

I need to record from Flash in a browser and save the file to a server. I haven't thought of the .dll thing, any chance of some advice?
    Thanks
    Mark

The dll I am using records and plays the sound locally using windows sound recorder. I guess you'll be able to write a similar dll that in addition will save the wav file and upload it to the server.

there must be a better way to do it using Flash Com.

How are you planning to do it ?

dll

Thanks for you reply
    I really have no idea, I'm not a programmer so I was hoping to find a piece of software (flash com perhaps) or a pre-written .dll...
    When the student has recorded his voice and hit the submit button, I need to log its whereabouts for the teachers to check their student's attempts at English. (it's a language resource).
    I wonder if PHP or ASP could handle the whole process.

I'm interested in your application Leobeer.

Did you get it to work?
    Webtones Music
    On-Line Royalty Free Music Library & Commissioned Music Provider

No, I gave up on it.

I run the recording with out the graph display.

How did you call the dll from flash?

Are you using the Windows Sound Recorder?

I'd like to have a bash it this myself Any help code would be a help.

Thanks

Steve
    Webtones Music
    On-Line Royalty Free Music Library & Commissioned Music Provider

>How did you call the dll from flash?

I used Fscommand to call a Javascript function, that function called the dll.

>Are you using the Windows Sound Recorder?

yes,after being installed on the user's machine the dll could access Windows Sound Recorder and Record/Play the user voice.

>I'd like to have a bash it this myself Any help code would be a help.

Sorry, I can not give the script of the dll (I do not own the rights for it), I'll be happy to help you by answering your questions.

Good luck
    LeoBeer

can we see a demo ?
    i just wont to record and save to hard disk thin post the file to php file over the net with out the com server can that don ?