A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scene Navigation

Scene Navigation

Ok,

here i am again asking for help. I have searched tutorials online, and done some experimenting, yet i cannot find the right formula.

The setup:

-I have two scenes.
    -i have a movie clip with a button inside it.
    -this movie clip has 3 labels.
    -lets say: home, about, splash
    -when rolled over it goes to home and displays buttons about and splash.
    -when either one is clicked it goes and stops at that label.

The task:
    -the scenes are labeled "about" and "home"
    -when i click about i want it to go to about scene and when i click splash i want it to go to the splash scene.

The problem:
    -i have this button on both scenes.
    -when i click about it goes to a label in the movie clip where that link clicked on is unclickable.
    -when i click the other link i want it to go to that scene but go to another label within that movie clip.

the problem i see is that you cannot skip to a scene and tell a mmovie clip where to go within it's labels...

sound confusing?

i can upload a test fla and you can see what exactly i am talking about and what im trying to do.

My heart goes to whome ever is trying to understand the crap i am saying. understand though, this is the only problem i have that needs solving, everything else is set.

Thanks a million
    Filo

When you want to go to a different scene for a button within a movieclip, there's no need to target the scene. You probably used a code like this:
    gotoAndPlay("myscene", 5);

What you need to do is use unique frame labels. Give the frames you want to go to a label name and target them like this:
    Code:
    _root.gotoAndPlay("myframe");
    Just make sure you don't use the same label name twice.